Amazon Seller Central Guide 2022
In this Amazon Seller Central Guide, we will cover the important aspects related to Amazon Seller Central and its crucial role in scaling Amazon’s business in a sustainable manner.
Table of Contents
- What is Amazon Seller Central?
- How to register for an Amazon Seller Central account?
- What is Amazon Seller Central Dashboard? Where is it located?
- What are the essential points to be kept in mind while maintaining an Amazon Seller Central Account?
- What is the procedure to change account information in Seller Central?
- Can an Amazon Seller give access to his Seller Central Account to a third person?
- What are the essentials points to be kept in mind while listing the products in Amazon Seller Central Account?
- What are the important features of Amazon Seller Central?
- What is the significance of Amazon Seller Central Business Reports?
What is Amazon Seller Central?
Amazon Seller Central is an online marketplace where third-party vendors will directly sell to customers. It is the web interface used by brands and merchants to market and sell their products online on the Amazon platform. You are considered a third-party seller or marketplace if you have a Seller Central account.
Sellers may add items, manage inventory, market their products, track their success, and can do much more using the Seller Central interface. Amazon Seller Central enables merchants to operate an online store successfully without having to create, manage, or handle payments and returns.
Selling products on the Amazon platform works hand in hand with Amazon Seller Central. You can manage every part of your Amazon company from this platform.
How to register for an Amazon Seller Central account?
The first step in selling on Amazon is to register yourself with a seller central account. You can choose between two plans: the Individual Plan and the Professional Plan.
If you simply have a few products to offer and don’t want to use sophisticated tools, the Individual Plan is the best option. You will not be charged a membership fee, but you will be charged $0.99 for each product you sell.
If you plan to advertise and employ the latest selling methods and have a lot of products to sell, then the Professional Plan is a better choice in that case. Professional Sellers must pay a monthly subscription cost of $39.99. Check for the eligibility criteria before signing up. You can create what you want to sell and manage with the help of the Amazon Application Program Interface (Amazon API). This helps in creating your own database easily.
If you wish to become a Professional seller, go to sell.amazon.com and select the ‘Sign Up’ option. However, if you wish to become an Individual seller, scroll down, and select “Sign up to become an Individual seller.”
- You will be navigated to a screen where you must create an account and enter your email address and password and later you can use it to log into your Amazon Seller Account.
- You will be able to connect to your Amazon Seller Central account after getting your email duly verified.
- The following step is to enter information about your company’s location and type.
- After that, you must fill in five areas with basic information, such as your business Information, Seller Information, Billing, Store, and Verification of credentials which represent the headers for respective information.
What is an Amazon Seller Central Dashboard? Where is it located?
The Sales Dashboard, located in Business Reports, includes the Sales Snapshot, Compare Sales, and Sales by Category features. The data presented in the Sales Dashboard is updated approximately once per hour. When you pay attention and examine any of the dashboard’s tabs, a dropdown menu with a lot of options will appear. The easiest approach is to learn how to use the dashboard and how to do it on your own. But, to help you get started, here is a brief rundown of the most important tabs.
First, you will notice the menu bar on the left side of the page where you will be able to access all your sales statistics under the Business Reports section of the menu bar.
Second, you will notice a quick Sales Snapshot directly where you can see your orders for the day, how many units were sold, and the amount of sales revenue you’ve generated for the day.
Third, you’ll also be given a Compare Sales graph below the Sales Snapshot. This allows you to compare today’s sales with other sales days.
What are the essential points to be kept in mind while maintaining an Amazon Seller Central Account?
- You must provide the name of your firm that will be shown on the Amazon website so that people will remember it.
- You must make sure that your company’s contact information (email and phone number) is up to date for contact in case of need.
- You must keep your credit card and bank account details up to date for payments and settlements
- You must include clear and concise shipping and return policies to help customers trust you.
- You are supposed to describe any gift-messaging or gift-wrapping services you may provide.
- You must upload your store’s front logo picture to your seller account; it must be precisely 120×30 pixels.
- You must provide relevant information about your firm that is absolutely needed for the smooth running of your Amazon business.
- You should clearly mark your shipping prices so that customers know about the delivery expenses.
What is the procedure to change account information in Amazon Seller Central?
Amazon Seller Central has the option to change your account information in your account settings. you can change your Amazon store name, can switch to a professional or individual seller account, there is an option to update your business address, change deposit methods, and more.
In Seller Central, go to “Settings” in the top right corner and click on “Account Info.”
Can an Amazon Seller give access to his seller central account to a third person?
Yes, you can give access to your Amazon Seller Central Account to a third person If you have employees or virtual assistants that help run your business. But you must add them as a user to your seller account. In the top right corner, you must navigate to “Settings” then click on “User Permissions.”
What are the essential points to be kept in mind while listing the products on Amazon seller Central Account?
- On the Amazon website, to gain a positive consumer experience and great seller success, products must be listed in the appropriate categories and with the necessary information.
- All your listings must follow the guidelines outlined in the style guide for your category. Please see the Product page style guides for further details.
- Customers want their Amazon purchases to be well-packaged and delivered on schedule.
- There is no vendor who owns the product detail pages. The title, picture, and details for the product must be unique, not copied, and used for any other product or seller promotion. Ensure that any extra things required for the product’s operation are listed on the product description page.
Amazon Seller Central: Important Features
The first step is to navigate to the Main Menu in Amazon Seller Central. It reflects important features which are listed below:
- Messages: This is where you can see and can give replies to buyer inquiries or concerns. It’s of utmost importance that you answer quickly since it will affect the health of your account.
- Help: Are you facing trouble with some areas of your business with regards to sales? Then you can find useful articles at the Help feature of Amazon Dashboard. You can also start a support request to contact Seller Support in case you need any. In your case log, you’ll be able to see open cases.
- Settings: Sellers may access and amend account information, return options, shipping settings, tax settings, user permissions, and more in the Settings section.
Here are the key elements on the Amazon Seller Central homepage:
- Amazon makes modifications and improvements to its operations, which are communicated to vendors through the home page. The News section of the Amazon Seller Central account can be found on the homepage.
- Seller University is a collection of training videos and seminars that give advice to sellers. A section titled “Tutorials and Training” is available on the site. Visit Seller University by clicking the “Visit Seller University” button.
- Forums for Sellers: If you want to ask other Amazon sellers questions regarding selling products, then you need to go to the “Seller Forums” page on the website.
What is the significance of Amazon Seller Central Business Reports?
Amazon Business Reports provide sellers with valuable insights to influence and track the performance of their advertising strategy.
Although Amazon practitioners concentrate mostly on detailed reports including Inventory Reports, advertising reports, Inventory Health Reports, and Fulfilment Reports, CEOs are more likely to analyze high account-level metrics-focussed aggregate reports like the Sales Dashboard or Sales and Traffic Page – which can be found in the Amazon Business Reports.
Business Reports are located under the Reports tab in your seller account. There are several types of Business Reports which are characterized by Date, ASIN, and as Other Business Reports. The Pivot button is useful for switching Business Reports from “By Date” to “By ASIN”. This function is available for Business Reports “By Date” only which is now known as “Return to Date” Report.
If you want to retrieve and view data, it is available for up to two years period. You can download comma-delimited (CSV) reports by clicking Download. Tick the boxes next to the rows that you wish to download. If no rows are selected, all rows will be included.
If you’ve created a custom report, you can save the settings by bookmarking the page or copying and saving the URL so that you can retrieve and use it later. The information related to your reports is contained within the URL. One of the popular reports is By Date, Sales and Traffic.
You can grow your business with valuable and actionable data as instincts never pay off when it comes to selling online. You must be aware of Business Reports on Seller Central as an Amazon seller. However, the amount of data in rows and columns you come across can be quite overwhelming and intriguing sometimes, and most sellers choose to ignore these reports.
It is imperative to know if you’re not using these reports and analyzing the important metrics of your Amazon business, you are missing out on some of the key aspects. These reports and metrics play a pivotal role, and it is greatly helpful if you know how to use them to scale your business effectively.
Study the details provided herewith as you have access to your Amazon reports and check them regularly to know about the status of your account. You will be bestowed with valuable insights into the areas of improvement. If you want to stay ahead in your growth, review your Amazon reports to augment your sales.
It may take a bit of time to know the most relevant and useful metrics for you. Every seller needs different information. But if you know where to look, you’ll ramp up your business in no time. Understanding Amazon’s reports will grant you an insight into your account’s health. In short, they can show you how to optimize your business.
Remember, keeping abreast of great seller data equals great seller outcomes!
The Amazon Seller Central Guide 2022 is an in-depth analysis of Amazon Seller Central. As you go along the route, you’ll come across new features that may be useful to your company strategy. Amazon has a lot of promise as a veteran e-commerce giant, and there are inspiring stories on the internet about how Amazon helped individuals quit their 9-to-5 corporate jobs. If you want to know more about Amazon Seller Central Guide 2022, kindly contact us.