Amazon Reports 2022

Posted By: administrator
Posted On: 20 Mar, 2022
Last Updated On: 13 May, 2022

Amazon offers a variety of reporting options for merchants on its site, allowing sellers to track and measure their sales and progress. Now, understanding these reports is critical as these reports will assist merchants in making data-driven business decisions. Understanding these reports will assist you in determining what is and is not working.

Fortunately, a professional Amazon seller account grants you access to a variety of business reports that can assist you in running and growing your Amazon business. Each company report contains useful information that can assist you in making decisions about your advertising campaigns, listing content, pricing, and much more.

In this amazon reports article, we covered important features related to 36 key Amazon Reports like Amazon Seller Central Reports, Amazon Vendor Central Reports, Amazon Business Reports, Amazon Brand Analytics Reports, and several other reports to analyze crucial metrics that will enable you to scale your business efficiently.

Table of Contents

10. Conclusion
SEO-page-banner

1. What are Amazon Reports? Where can you find them?

Amazon Reports provide important data for sellers to draw attention to the key aspects of your business. You can find reports located under the main tab > Reports section within your Seller Central account.

Some reports offered in the Seller Central are available to all sellers, while a few are accessible only to Fulfilment By Amazon/ FBA sellers, while some are available to the brand-registered sellers. Amazon sellers who comply with their orders can find the Business Reports under the Reports tab. You can also get details of sales and tax reports as well. These reports will offer long-term insights that you can use to scale your advertising and sales goals.

2. Why are Amazon Reports important?

Amazon Seller Central provides all the needed data which is readily available. It provides important information on how your customers interact with products of your company and how usually they buy your products.

Along with that, you can also get insights into the quantities that customers order in a single transaction. This data provided by Amazon Reports is most valuable for the growth of your Amazon Business.

3. How do I read an Amazon Report?

As you are already aware you can find your Reports under the Reports tab in your seller account, the following types of Amazon Reports are available. Amazon Seller Central Reports and Amazon Vendor Central Reports. These reports are generally available for up to two years.

4. How do I create a Custom Report on Amazon?

To create a customized report, follow these steps:

1. Select the desired reports from the drop-down.

2. Click Customize the columns for this report.

3. Select the columns you want to add to the report and clickAdd.

4. Select the columns you want to remove from the report and click Remove.

5. Click Save.

5. How do Amazon Reports work?

A strong grip over important data goes a long way to making critical improvements to your Amazon operations. You may get regular Amazon business reports directly (or from one of your marketing managers who is summarizing reports from Amazon for you), but are you using them effectively? Just having access to data is not enough to make a difference to your bottom line. What matters is what you do with it.

With the useful information provided in Amazon’s available reports, you’ll be able to increase your conversion rates and sales volume, decrease ad spending, and more.

If you don’t have any data to reference, how would you know what is working for your products? What’s great about each report is that you can download it as a CSV file and open it with a spreadsheet program like Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets.

If your listing had a high conversion rate but very few visitors, you’d want to know about that information, right? Small details like these will help you think of ways to improve the traffic going to your listing.

6. How do I download my Amazon Report?

You can download Amazon Reports in four steps:

1. Go to the Reports tab in Your Account.

2. Select the report type from the drop-down menu, then fill in details like the start date, end date, and name of the report.

3. Next, you must click Request Report.

4. When the report is complete, you’ll receive an e-mail notification.

7. How to Automate Amazon Reports?

The following steps are needed to schedule an Amazon Report:

1. The First step is to open the “Alexa for Business console” at https://console.aws.amazon.com/a4b/.

2. You must choose “Reports”, and then choose the “Schedule Report” button on the Scheduled reports tab.

3. Then enter a Name for the report, then choose the “Frequency”, “Delivery Day”, “Format”, “S3 bucket Name”, and “Path Prefix”.

4. When it is complete, select “Create”.

Let’s find out about various reports amazon offers.

8. Amazon Seller Central Reports

As an Amazon seller, you have probably seen the endless number of reports that are available in Seller Central. Plenty of reports provide data on your inventory, orders, returns, advertising, tax documents, and more.

Let us help you find and use reports that can directly help grow your sales. It will enable you to get quick actionable insights into your business, using the reports in Amazon Seller Central. You should apply logical judgment towards running a business as you need to make decisions based on the data accessible to you to make sure that your business is moving in the right way.

If you have reliable information, the next steps to strengthen your business are clear. Amazon Seller Central Reports have a significant role to play as this is where they make their presence felt. With a Professional Seller Central Account, you have access to various business reports, helping you run and grow your Amazon business.

The insights and data provided in each single business report will help you make crucial decisions regarding your advertising campaigns, content, pricing, and many more aspects. These reports are important for business, and we will describe all of them in brief:

1. Amazon Business Reports

1.1. Sales Dashboard

1.2. Sales and Traffic (By Date)

1.3. Detail Page Sales and Traffic (By Date)

1.4. Seller Performance (By Date)

1.5. Detail Page Sales and Traffic (ByASIN)

1.6. Detail Page Sales and Traffic by Parent Item

1.7. Detail Page Sales and Traffic by Child Item

1.8. Amazon Brand Performance ByASIN

2. Amazon Brand Analytics Reports

2.1. Amazon Search Terms Reports

2.2. Amazon Repeat Purchase Behaviour Reports

2.3. Amazon Market Basket Analysis Reports

2.4. Amazon Item Comparison and Alternate Purchase Behaviour Reports

2.5. Amazon Demographics Reports

Amazon Business Reports

Amazon Business Reports provide sellers with crucial data to make their presence felt towards contributing their mite in their advertising strategy. Although Amazon practitioners focus mostly on detailed reports including Inventory Reports, Advertising based Reports, Inventory Health Reports, and Fulfilment Reports, major business concerns selling their products through Amazon need high account levels cluster reports like the Sales Dashboard or Sales and Traffic Page which will be available in the Amazon Business Reports. These are types of reports that are offered byAmazon.

1. Sales Dashboard

Amazon Sales Dashboard offers a sneak peek into your orders and sales. These reports come with a couple of trend graphs to enable you to compare data across the previous day, week, and year-wise performance. A thorough analysis of this report is the quickest way to understand your historical sales, units sold, and average order value by customers.

2. Sales & Traffic (By Date)

This report gives an insight into the average level of sales data shown at custom date range, monthly, weekly, or daily of a product.

3. Detail Page Sales and Traffic (By Date)

This report gives an average level of sales data shown at custom date range, monthly, weekly, or daily.

4. Seller Performance (By Date)

These are the reports present on the left navigation bar in the Business Reports section on Amazon which is organized By Date, and through the Pivot button, you can switch your Business Reports from by Date to by ASIN. This function is present for Business Reports by Date only, but not available for ASIN. There is an option to get back to Business Reports by Date by clicking the same button, now marked as Return to Date Report. These reports can be downloaded in CSV format.

5. Detail Page Sales and Traffic by ASIN

This report enables us to know about both parent-level and child-level ASIN data. It will enable you to get a detailed performance report at the product level. You will get granular level data for product reporting for a customized date range.

6. Detail Page Sales and Traffic By Parent Item

Amazon Detail Page Sales and Traffic by Parent Item emphasizes more product-driven metrics like Buy Box Percentage, Conversion Rates, etc, though it looks more like a Sales and Traffic Report in many aspects.

7. Detail Page Sales and Traffic by Child Item

While there are quite a few reports to analyze, one particular report that provides benefits to every seller hugely is “Detail Page Sales and Traffic by Child Item.”

This report dissembles and segregates various metrics for each one of your products, including child items or variations. It’s always great to see how your business fares in the Amazon arena but knowing how each one of your products is performing will help throw light on a detailed picture. This report is extremely valuable because it will tell you exactly how many views each one of your products receives, and about each one’s conversion rate. This information is immensely useful in enabling you to decide how you price, market, and sell all your products.

8. Amazon Brand Performance (By ASIN)

When you sell on Amazon, monitoring performance is essential to your success. You can view the Account Health page, which will help you to monitor your seller account’s adherence to the performance targets and policies stipulated to sell on Amazon.

Amazon Brand Analytics Reports

Amazon Brand Analytics is a compilation of reports which are available to approved members of the Amazon Brand Registry. These reports are formerly known as Amazon Retail Analytics, this aspect allows brand owners to get valuable insights into customer behavior, popular search terms, competitor success, and also about advertising campaigns.

Within Amazon Brand Analytics, you can discover 5 reports:

1. Amazon Search Terms

It is the Amazon Search Terms that will reveal how yours, as well as your competitor’s products, are found by the online shoppers by sharing the search terms that initially led the customers to your brand. Not only this, but this report also informs the seller about the number of clicks and conversions that their products have earned for the specific keywords.

Below mentioned is the data you can access for a given product through the Amazon search Terms report:

1.1. Search Terms
Search terms are used to find products on Amazon, and they are used by potential customers looking for various products on Amazon.

1.2. Search Frequency Rank
This will showcase and will tell about the popularity of the search term in comparison to the other to enable and know the position of your product listing for the most popular and important keywords.

1.3. Click Share
It will throw light on data about how many times shoppers click on a particular product that is being sold on Amazon after using a specific search term in comparison to how many times shoppers click on any other product after using a similar search term.

1.4. Conversion Rate
It will reflect the information about how many times shoppers purchased the product that is being sold on Amazon after using a specific search term compared to how many times shoppers purchased any other product after using that exact search term.

2. Amazon Repeat Purchase Behaviour Reports

It is the Repeat Purchase Behaviour report that provides insights into the repeat purchases of the products by Amazon shoppers.

You can access a given product through the Amazon Search Terms report through the following data:

2.1. Orders
By Orders, sellers will get information about the total number of orders, both first-time and purchases that are repeated.

2.2. Unique Customers
It will reflect and provide information to the sellers about the total number of unique customers, both first-time and repeat.

2.3. Repeat Customers
It displays the percentage of repeat customers based on the total number of unique customers.

2.4. Repeat Purchase Ordered Product Sales
The percentage of sales coming from repeat purchases is reflected by this. This specific information is also provided as a monetary value for reference in the future.

3. Amazon Market Basket Analysis Item Report

It is the Market Basket Analysis Item Report that provides Brand owners information about which other products are purchased by Amazon shoppers (in aggregate) along with Brand owner’s products.

The Market Basket Analysis report provides you with information about a given product with the undermentioned details:

3.1. Product ASIN (Amazon Standard Identification Number)
It informs sellers about the ASIN of the products which are purchased very often byAmazon shoppers along with your product.

3.2. Product Title
It informs sellers about the title of the products, which are purchased very often by Amazon shoppers along with your product.

3.3. Combination Rate
It displays the percentage of orders for your products along with the orders of other sellers’ products in a combined format.

4. Amazon Item Comparison & Alternate Purchase Behavior Reports

Amazon Item Comparison and Alternate Purchase Behavior Report will specify the top three products compared and purchased by Amazon shoppers instead of purchasing your products. Not only this, but the report also reveals how often your products are compared to the top three products by customers.

Item Comparison and Alternate Purchase Behavior Report will give information about the following data regarding a particular product:

4.1. Compared ASIN
It informs sellers about the ASIN of the compared product.

4.2. Compared Product Title
It informs sellers about the title of the compared product.

4.3. Compared Percentage
It displays the percentage of times that the product of another seller is compared to yours.

4.4. Purchased ASIN
It informs sellers about the ASIN of the product bought over yours.

4.5. Purchased Product Title
It informs sellers about the title of the product bought over yours.

4.6. Purchased Percentage
It informs sellers about the percentage of times that product of other sellers bought over yours.

5. Amazon Demographics Report

It is the Amazon Demographics Report that helps the sellers understand who is purchasing their products by displaying demographic data, including:

5.1. Age
The data reflects a range of ages of your Amazon shoppers.

5.2. Education
It will reflect the level of education of your Amazon shoppers.

5.3. Annual Income
Information regarding the average annual income of your Amazon shoppers.

5.4. Gender
It showcases whether Amazon shoppers who buy your products are male or female.

5.5. Marital Status
Information about whether Amazon shoppers of your products are married or not.

5.6. Unique Customers
Information regarding the number and percentage of your Amazon shoppers

associated with a particular demographic.

5.7. Product Sales
It throws light on the number and percentage of sales of products coming from a particular demographic.

5.8. Ordered Units
It will reflect the number and percentage of orders of products coming from a particular demographic.

9. Amazon Vendor Central Reports

Amazon Vendor Central Reports Important Vendor Central reports include:

1. Amazon Purchase Order Reports

1.1. Amazon Open Purchase Order Report

1.2. Amazon Purchase Order History Report

1.3. Amazon New Confirmed Purchase Order Report

2. Amazon Sales Reports

2.1. Amazon Sales Diagnostics Reports

2.2. Amazon Sales Performance Trends Reports

2.3. Amazon Geographic Sales Insights Reports

2.4. Amazon Net PPM Reports

2.5. Amazon Pre-order Reports

2.6. Amazon Traffic Diagnostics Reports

2.7. Amazon Real-time Sales Reports

3. Amazon Operations Reports

3.1. Amazon Forecast and Inventory Planning Reports

3.2. Amazon Inventory Health Reports

4. Amazon Consumer Behaviour Reports

4.1. Amazon Search Terms Reports

4.2. Amazon Repeat Purchase Behaviour Reports

4.3. Amazon Market Basket Analysis Reports

4.4. Amazon Demographics Reports

1. Amazon Purchase Order Report

Amazon Purchase Order Report allows customers to download shipments, return, and initiate refund processes for Amazon.com orders. The report is available in a “CSV” format, which is compatible with Microsoft Excel.

Select the report type from the drop-down menu. Fill in the start date, end date, and

report name. Amazon Purchase Order ID is the number system that Amazon uses exclusively to keep track of orders. All the orders receive their Order IDs that are to be kept in their original format and should not be duplicated at any cost.

This number can be particularly useful to the seller while attempting to find out vital details about an order such as status or shipment date.

1.1. Amazon Open Purchase Order Report

Amazon Open Purchase Order Report is an official document that a buyer offers to a seller, in which the buyer commits to pay a nominal fee for specific products that need to be delivered.

On Amazon Vendor Central, a purchase order is analyzed with the use of a unique number that pertains to the number of items, Stock Keeping Units (SKUs), and other product-related information. On vendor central, PO or purchase orders are sent from Amazon to a vendor, usually when there is a peak in demand for a particular product.

Orders: Here vendors provide information regarding the shipment and must click on the “receive purchases orders” tab on vendor central.

1.2. Amazon Purchase Order History Report

How to get your Purchase Order History Report from Amazon?

1.2.1. Go to the Your Account page on Amazon.

1.2.2. Sign in with the account on which the orders were placed.

1.2.3. Click the “Your Orders” button to access your order history.

1.3. Amazon New Confirmed Purchase Order Report

New Purchase Orders that contain multiple items display the order quantity. An order confirmation email includes the Order cost, estimated or guaranteed delivery date, and link to the order status. How to Confirm My New Purchase Order?

1.3.1. The first step is to find the order on the Manage Orders page on seller central.

1.3.2. The next step will be to click on the Confirm Shipment button, which is next to the order (or below the order if you are viewing an order detail page). The Confirm Shipments page will appear.

1.3.3. You are required to enter the Ship Date for the order.

2. Amazon Sales Reports

Amazon Sales Reports for all Orders are useful in reviewing information on both FBA and seller-fulfilled orders, including fulfillment, order status, product details, and sales channel information. You can also get details of Customer Shipment Sales. You can get

product-level data on shipped FBA customer orders, including quantity, price, and destination of the orders.

2.1. Amazon Sales Diagnostic Report

The Sales Diagnostic report is the most encyclopedic in Amazon Brand Analytics. It will enable you to track the optimum sales performance of your ASINs and subcategories. It will decide about relevant factors which are traffic, no of views, price details, and details about out-of-stock. An in-depth analysis of this report will enable you to use its metrics to determine what exactly augments your sales performance and how you can optimize and improve it.

Sales Performance Trends Report is a synopsis of your sales diagnostics which will be in the form of a line graph that is called Traffic Diagnostics. This precise data is sometimes redundant because most of this data can be found in sales diagnostics. But if you are looking for traffic to various products, then this is the right place to go.

2.3. Amazon Geographic Sales Insights Report

Geographic Sales Insights Report breaks out where items are sold from a geographic perspective. This report shows you what products are most profitable once all costs are considered. This data is crucial as it’s what Amazon uses while negotiating with vendors. The report gives details on the state, city, and ZIP where your products got shipped.

2.4. Amazon Sales Net PPM Report

Net PPM (Pure Product Margin) will help you identify the products that are bringing in profits. It is the margin that you get after deducting the cost of goods sold (COGS) and other services. Along with that, you can quickly look at the following metrics: Percentage of the total, Prior period, and Previous year, These metrics will help you get an overview of the profitable products.

2.5. Amazon Sales Pre-order Report

Amazon Sales Pre-order Reports will enable you to understand the performance of your newly launched products.

2.6. Amazon Traffic Diagnostic Report

This report helps you quickly analyze the change in glance views and conversions by looking at the industry benchmarks, prior period, and previous year.

2.7. Amazon Real-time Sales Report

Amazon Real-time Sales Report will give you real-time sales data over the last 24 hours when you enter an ASIN.

3. Amazon Operations Reports

Amazon Operations reports provide great insights into key operational metrics, and purchase orders and will enable you to optimize performance in major areas of business as Operational Metrics serve as a yardstick to evaluate your performance to enable you to know how best your business is functioning in purchases, lead time optimization, inbound defects.

3.1. Amazon Forecast and Inventory Planning Report

Amazon Forecast and Inventory Planning Report is a fully managed service that uses machine learning (ML) to generate highly accurate forecasts without requiring any prior ML experience. The Forecast is applicable in a wide variety of use cases, including estimating product demand, inventory planning, and workforce planning.

With Forecast, there are no servers to provision or ML models to build manually. Additionally, you only pay for what you use, and there is no minimum fee or upfront commitment. To use Forecast, you only need to provide historical data for what you want to forecast, and any additional related data that may influence your forecasts. The latter may include both time-varying data, such as price, events, and weather, and categorical data, such as color, genre, or region. The service automatically trains and deploys ML models based on your data and provides you with a custom API to retrieve forecasts.

In addition, this report emphasizes the use of data-driven inventory planning to assess your inventory levels for the future period. It helps to prevent understock, overstock, and out-of-stock issues that negatively impact your revenue and sales momentum on Amazon. You can find four types of forecast reports:

3.1.1. Mean Forecast

It is the optimum estimate of customer demand.

3.1.2. P90 Forecast

This forecast showcases a 90% chance that Amazon will buy the demand level indicated or less, and there is a 10% chance that Amazon can buy maximum quantity.

3.1.3. P80 Forecast

This forecast reflects an 80% chance that Amazon will buy the demand level indicated or less, and there is a 20% chance that Amazon can buy more.

3.1.4. P70 Forecast

This kind of forecast will reflect a 70% chance that Amazon will buy the demand level indicated or less. And there’s a 30% chance they will purchase more.

3.2. Amazon Inventory Health Reports

Through Amazon Inventory Health Report, you can track the inventory health of your products and get notified through weekly updates. This will help you to quickly identify and respond to critical product and inventory trends. For this, you need to monitor KPIs such as sell-through rate, open purchase order quantity and sellable on-hand inventory, etc.

4. Amazon Consumer Behaviour Reports

Amazon Consumer Behaviour Report provides a detailed view into the browsing and buying habits of U.S. consumers who have shopped on Amazon for all these years since 2019.

4.1. Amazon Search Term Reports

The Amazon Search Terms report shows brand owners how customers (in aggregate) find their and their competitors’ products in the Amazon store. It enables brand owners what are the most popular search terms in the Amazon store during a given period, along with the frequency of each term’s search rank and what are the top three products that are listed and that aggregate customers clicked on after searching term. For each of the top three products, the report also shows each product’s click share and conversion share.

Brand owners can look up a specific term to see the products that aggregate Amazon customers are clicking on after searching for that term, or they can search for a specific product to find out which terms are driving aggregate Amazon customers to click on that product.

The Search Terms report also shows brand owners their products that have dropped from the top three clicked ASINs for a given search term along with the click rank from the prior week.

4.2. Amazon Repeat Purchase Behaviour Reports

The Repeat Purchase Behaviour Report is reflective of typical customer behavior and the brand owners will know the number of orders received for each of their products or brands and the number of unique customers who placed the orders. The number of orders may include multiple quantities of the product and will differ from the ordered units.

Brand owners can identify products or brands that have been ordered more than once per customer during a specified time by comparing the number of orders with the number of unique customers. The report will showcase the percentage of their customers (displayed as a percentage of the total) who have had repeat purchases during the specified time. This will help in indicating the ordered product sales from repeat purchases in the selected time (returns will not be reflected).

4.3. Amazon Market Basket Analysis Report

The Market Basket report shows Brand Owners which are the products Amazon customers (in aggregate) most frequently purchased at the same time they purchased the Brand Owners’ products. This allows Brand Owners to quickly see what products are most commonly purchased with their products to identify bundling and cross-marketing opportunities.

The Market Basket report shows the top 3 products most frequently purchased at the same time as the Brand Owner’s products, along with the percentage of time each of the top 3 products was purchased with the Brand Owner’s products out of all products purchased with the Brand Owner’s products during the reporting range selected by the user.

4.4. Amazon Demographics Report

The Demographics report shows Brand Owners the breakdown of their Amazon customers (in aggregate) by household income, education, age, marital status, and gender. This information will enable the Brand Owners to assess the need for and success of targeted marketing campaigns and make product portfolio decisions based on customer penetration by demographic. This report is only available in the United States.

What information is contained in the Demographics report? The Demographics report shows household income, customer age, gender, education, and marital status. The metrics provided are the number of unique customers, unique customers – % of the total, ordered product sales, ordered product sales – % of the total, ordered units, and ordered units – % of the total for each of the demographic segments. The information provided will be reflective of the primary account holder of theAmazon.com account.

Conclusion

It is very much evident that Amazon does provide several ways to access the relevant data for your business, the problem of not having a single pane of glass view on the overall performance across brands, channels, and marketplaces is something that large agencies and D2C brands face quite often.

If you can understand the marketplace and align your business goals in close liaison with it, it will provide you with valuable insights and you can see your business prosper in long run.

This can be challenging, especially when you don’t have enough expertise. Saras Analytics has years of e-commerce experience and will help you succeed in your Amazon journey. A lack of consolidated dashboards means that a lot of manual effort will have to go into the report-building process every month be it for internal strategy or reporting for clients.

The different reports come with different limitations and challenges, such as APIs not being available for all Amazon data, historical data limits, and not enough visibility across functions.

An ideal solution is to build a customized set of dashboards that have access controls for clients and internal needs. However, this process is long and requires a significant amount of upfront investment. Instead, Saras Analytics can help you own and automate your entire data and enable you to spend more time on things that matter.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sign up for a free trial of Daton today.

Take your analytics game to the next level

×
-