Google Analytics to BigQuery – Made Easy
Replicate Google Analytics to BigQuery in minutes
Google Analytics (GA) is the widely popular tool used to monitor website traffic, customer sessions, customer behaviour, and derive useful business insights. As a suitable platform for business intelligence, GA can be integrated with BigQuery to enable deeper and richer analysis. For many marketers, BigQuery is the ideal solution for their data analysis needs. If you too are looking to get access to all your raw Google Analytics data for in-depth analysis then consider replicating your Google Analytics data to BigQuery. Replicating your Google Analytics data to BigQuery is a fully automated process that eliminates any manual querying tasks and allows you to integrate your Google Analytics data with other external data sources. Through this article, we will explore the business benefits of Google Analytics to BigQuery integration and how you can configure this setup.
Why integrate Google Analytics to BigQuery?
The vast amount of data provided by Google Analytics offer an excellent opportunity for users to extract useful and actionable business insights. However, Google Analytics does not present an ideal format for analyzing all the data that it produces so it becomes necessary to move data from the application to a data warehouse like BigQuery. With the seamless integration provided by Google BigQuery, it allows developers and data analysts to store, integrate, and analyze data through its standard interface and APIs. With Google Analytics and BigQuery integration, data analysts can save time and do more with the data and unlock valuable insights that help you reach your business goals.
Google Analytics Overview
Google Analytics is a free and powerful web analytics tool offered by Google to help you analyze your website traffic. More than 50 million websites worldwide trust this powerful and robust application. It collects a vast amount of data and processes it to provide you with a full picture of how your site is performing. GA collects a wide range of data like how many visitors your site gets, where those visitors come from, how they navigate through your site, how long they spend on each page, and much more just to name a few. This data is essential in creating a site experience for maximizing conversions and to leverage this data across many marketing channels for further success.
Google BigQuery is a serverless data warehousing platform where you can query and process vast amounts of data. It is fully managed and performs storage optimization on existing data sets by detecting usage patterns and modifying data structures for better results. With BigQuery you can run multiple queries in a matter of seconds even if the datasets are relatively large in size. BigQuery is a powerful tool for business intelligence and it offers analytics capabilities to organizations of all sizes.
How to replicate Google Analytics to BigQuery?
There are two ways in which you can replicate Google Analytics to the BigQuery warehouse.
Build your own data pipeline
This process needs a lot of experience and consumes a lot of time and manpower. The chances of errors are more due to multiple integrated steps to be executed one after the other. You need to extract data using Google Analytics APIs & then connect it properly with the BigQuery data warehouse. This whole process to build a custom data pipeline requires constant intervention that makes it cumbersome.
Use Daton to integrate Google Analytics and BigQuery
Integrating Google Analytics and BigQuery with Daton is the fastest & easiest way to save your time and efforts. Leveraging a cloud data pipeline like Daton significantly simplifies and accelerates the time it takes to build automated reporting.
Configuring data replication on Daton only takes a few minutes and a few clicks. Your analysts do not have to write any code or manage any infrastructure, yet you can get access to Google Analytics data in a few hours.
Daton’s simple and easy-to-use interface allows analysts and developers to use UI elements to configure data replication from Google Analytics data into BigQuery.
Daton takes care of:
- Rate limits
- Historical data load
- Incremental data load
- Table creation, deletion, and reloads
- Refreshing access tokens
and many more important functions that are required to enable analysts to focus on analysis rather than worrying about the data that is delivered for analysis.
Steps to integrate Google Analytics with Daton
- Sign in to Daton
- Select Google Analytics from the integrations page
- Provide Integration Name, Replication Frequency, and History. Integration name would be used in creating tables for the integration and cannot be changed later
- You will be redirected to Google Analytics log in for authorizing Daton to extract data periodically
- Post successful authentication, you will be prompted to choose from the list of available Google Analytics accounts
- Select required tables from the available list of tables
- Then select all required fields for each table
- Submit the integration
Here are more reasons to explore Daton for Google Analytics to BigQuery Integration
- Faster integration of Google Analytics to BigQuery – Google Analytics to BigQuery is one of the integrations Daton can handle very conveniently and seamlessly. By following few steps you can easily connect Google Analytics to BigQuery.
- Low Effort & Zero Maintenance – Daton automatically takes care of all the data replication processes and infrastructure once you sign up for a Daton account and configure the data sources. No need to manage infrastructure or write manual code.
- Data consistency guarantee and an incredibly friendly customer support team ensure you can leave the data engineering to Daton and focus on analysis and insights!
- Enterprise grade data pipeline at an unbeatable price to help every business become data-driven. Get started with a single integration today for just $10 and scale up as your data needs grow.
- Robust Scheduling Options: allows you to schedule jobs based on their requirements using a simple configuration step.
- Support for all major cloud data warehouses including Google BigQuery, Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse, PostgreSQL, and more.
- Flexible loading options allow to you optimize data loading behavior to maximize storage utilization and ease of querying.
- Enterprise grade encryption gives your peace of mind
- Support for 100+ data sources – In addition to Google Analytics, Daton can extract data from a varied range of sources such as Sales and Marketing applications, Databases, Analytics platforms, Payment platforms, and much more.
Daton offers comprehensive solutions to integrate any data source to BigQuery and generate relevant insights.