RDS MySQL to Amazon Redshift – Made Easy
Replicate RDS MySQL to Amazon Redshift in minutes
Do you want a quick and simple way to transfer data from RDS MySQL to Amazon Redshift? If yes, then you can migrate your data with an efficient ETL tool: Daton.
Increasing competition compels businesses to make data-driven decisions by harnessing their data. Various tools used for automating operations generate tons of data which require fast and secured storage. Unfortunately, the expense of building and maintaining a scalable and secure physical storage solution is high. So, companies use cloud databases like MySQL. But managing, replicating and extracting data from them is time-consuming. Hence web services like Amazon RDS have made a solution for managing MySQL. RDS MySQL provides easy access and control on your MySQL database.
Organizations try to reduce the time & effort of reporting and analyzing multiple data silos from servers, databases and apps. Data-savvy enterprises use ETL tools like Daton to load data from these servers to data warehouses like Amazon Redshift, where you get an integrated view for faster and accurate reporting.
Why integrate RDS MYSQL to Amazon Redshift?
Nowadays, enterprises use web services like Amazon RDS servers to manage their databases. It will help to set up and maintain MySQL databases, especially when multiple teams work in offices around the world. The databases will be automatically replicated, backed up by secure servers, reducing data theft and loss. To simplify data analysis and reporting, merge data from RDS MySQL with other databases like Amazon Aurora, sales sheets, and COGS. However, manual data consolidation takes much time to execute manually, and the reports are often inaccurate. Thus, data-savvy companies resort to ETL tools like Daton to replicate RDS MySQL to Amazon Redshift. It is a highly automated ETL Tool that easily migrates data from different data sources to cloud data warehouses without coding.
RDS MySQL Overview
Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS) is a web service that enables users to manage a relational database in the AWS Cloud. It is optimized for I/O-intensive, transactional (OLTP) database workloads. Amazon RDS for MySQL helps to focus on application development by managing time-consuming database administration tasks, including backups, software patching, monitoring, scaling and replication. It also supports DB instances running several versions.
Amazon Redshift Overview
Amazon Redshift is the most popular data warehouse to offer a cloud-native, petabyte-scale service. The software provides a query engine for all users allowing SQL based querying and a host of business intelligence tools to connect with the service. Amazon Redshift is built on a scalable infrastructure, supports big data and massive workloads. The powerful management console enables connections from any SQL client. Amazon Redshift service also supports REST APIs allowing developers to work in real-time with simple API calls. It is compatible with several BI and visualization tools.
How to replicate RDS MySQL to Amazon Redshift?
There are two ways in which you can replicate RDS MySQL to Amazon Redshift.
Build Your data pipeline – Building an in-house data pipeline needs a lot of experience, time and manpower with higher chances of errors. You need to extract data using RDS MySQL APIs & then connect it properly with the Amazon Redshift data warehouse.
Use Daton to integrate RDS MySQL & Amazon Redshift – Using Daton to integrate RDS MySQL & Amazon Redshift is the fastest & easiest way to save your time and efforts. Leveraging a cloud data pipeline like Daton simplifies and accelerates the time to build automated reporting to a great extent.
Configuring data replication on Daton only takes a few minutes and a few clicks. Analysts do not have to write any code or manage any infrastructure, yet they can get access to their Amazon ads data in a few hours. Daton’s simple and easy to use interface allows analysts and developers to use UI elements to configure data replication from RDS MYSQL data into Amazon Redshift.
Daton takes care of:
- Rate limits,
- Table creation, deletion & reloads
- Refreshing access tokens,
- Historical data load,
- Incremental data load,
and many more important functions for data analysts to focus on analysis rather than worry about the data replication process.
Steps to Integrate RDS MySQL with Daton
- Sign in to Daton
- Select RDS MySQL from Integrations page
- Provide Integration Name, Replication Frequency, and History. Integration name would be used in creating tables for the integration and cannot be changed later
- You will be redirected to RDS MySQL login for authorizing Daton to extract data periodically
- Post successful authentication, you will be prompted to choose from the list of available RDS MySQL Ad accounts
- Select required tables from the available list of tables
- Then select all required fields for each table
- Submit the integration
Here are more reasons to explore Daton for RDS MySQL to Amazon Redshift Integration
- Faster Integration of RDS MySQL to Amazon Redshift– RDS MySQL to Amazon Redshift is one of the integrations Daton can handle very fast and seamlessly. By following few steps, you can easily connect RDS MySQL to Amazon Redshift.
- Robust Scheduling Options: allows you to schedule jobs based on their requirements using a simple configuration step.
- Low Effort & Zero Maintenance – Daton automatically takes care of all the data replication processes and infrastructure once you sign up for a Daton account and configure the data sources. There is no infrastructure to manage or no code to write.
- Data consistency guarantee and an incredibly friendly customer support team ensure you can leave the data engineering to Daton and focus instead of analysis and insights!
- Enterprise grade data pipeline at an unbeatable price to help every business become data driven. Get started with a single integration today for just $10 and scale up as your demands increase.
- Support for all major cloud data warehouses including Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Amazon Redshift, Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse, PostgreSQL and more.
- Flexible loading options allows to you optimize data loading behavior to maximize storage utilization and easy of querying.
- Enterprise grade encryption gives your peace of mind
- Support for 100+ data sources – In addition to RDS MySQL, Daton can extract data from a varied range of sources such as Sales and Marketing applications, Databases, Analytics platforms, Payment platforms and much more. Daton will ensure that you have a way to bring any data to Amazon Redshift and generate relevant insights.