PostgreSQL to Amazon Redshift – Made Easy
Replicate PostgreSQL to Amazon Redshift in minutes
As organizations are rapidly moving on their digital transformation journey, it is essential to get the maximum benefit of modernizing analytics in the cloud and unleash the full potential of the available data.
PostgreSQL is one of the very popular databases for data-driven companies. It handles analytical workloads and high levels of concurrency. But when it comes to delivering analytical insights on large volumes of data it becomes slow and fails to scale. Redshift is built to manage very large data sets and perform high-performance analysis. Replicating your data from PostgreSQL to Amazon Redshift will give you access to well-structured data for analytics. Move your data from PostgreSQL to Amazon Redshift on a continuous basis to have the most updated insights on your business.
In this article, we will show you two approaches to replicate your PostgreSQL data to Redshift. Find out how you can set up PostgreSQL-Redshift integration and which approach suits the best for your business.
Why integrate PostgreSQL to Amazon Redshift?
PostgreSQL is a widely used open-source relational database management system but sometimes it requires huge efforts and expertise to run analytics queries within the desired time. However, to track all the user events in a timely and safe manner, and let business users query this data in any way possible, moving your data from PostgreSQL to Amazon Redshift is the right choice. Integrating PostgreSQL data to Redshift will also serve as a single source of truth for your data analysts and will also help you with reporting processes for unified enterprise analytics. This will also allow you to consolidate all your data sources maybe it be marketing, sales, service, and support in Redshift, and get a complete and clear understanding of your business processes.
PostgreSQL is an advanced, enterprise-class open-source relational database that supports both relational and non-relational querying. It is a highly stable database management system, backed by an experienced community of developers which has contributed to its high levels of resilience and integrity. PostgreSQL is used as the primary data warehouse for several web, mobile, and analytics applications. PostgreSQL supports advanced data types and performance optimization features, which are available in expensive commercial databases.
Amazon Redshift is a cloud-based data warehouse solution offered by Amazon. The platform provides a storage system that lets companies store petabytes of data. Redshift takes full advantage of Amazon’s cloud server infrastructure for big data as it can scale easily because of the modular node design. It is a fully managed warehouse, so administrative tasks like configuration, maintenance backups, and security are completely automated. Amazon Redshift offers the performance, speed, and scalability required to address your data warehousing and ETL needs.
How to replicate PostgreSQL to Amazon Redshift?
Here’s an overview of the two approaches you can use to replicate PostgreSQL to Amazon Redshift. This will allow you to evaluate the pros and cons of both and choose the one that best suits your requirement.
Build your own data pipeline
This process needs a lot of experience and consumes a lot of time and manpower. The chances of errors are more due to multiple integrated steps one after the other. You need to extract data using PostgreSQL APIs & then connect it properly with the Redshift data warehouse. This whole process to build a custom data pipeline requires regular intervention that makes it cumbersome.
Use Daton to integrate PostgreSQL and Redshift
Integrating PostgreSQL and Redshift with Daton is the fastest & easiest way to save your time and effort. Leveraging a cloud data pipeline like Daton significantly simplifies and accelerates the time it takes to build automated reporting.
Configuring data replication on Daton only takes a few minutes and a few clicks. Your analysts do not have to write any code or manage any infrastructure, yet you can get access to PostgreSQL data in a few hours.
Daton’s simple and easy-to-use interface allows analysts and developers to use UI elements to configure data replication from PostgreSQL data into Redshift.
Daton takes care of:
- Rate limits
- Historical data load
- Incremental data load
- Table creation, deletion, and reloads
- Refreshing access tokens
and many more important functions for data analysts to focus on analysis rather than worrying about data replication.
Steps to integrate PostgreSQL with Daton
- Sign in to Daton
- Select PostgreSQL from the integrations page
- Provide Integration Name, Replication Frequency, and History. Integration name would be used in creating tables for the integration and cannot be changed later
- You will get redirects to PostgreSQL log in for authorizing Daton to extract data periodically
- Post successful authentication, you get prompts to choose from the list of available PostgreSQL accounts
- Select required tables from the available list of tables
- Then select all required fields for each table
- Submit the integration
Here are more reasons to explore Daton for PostgreSQL to Amazon Redshift Integration
- Faster integration – PostgreSQL to Amazon Redshift is one of the integrations Daton can handle very conveniently and seamlessly. By following a few steps you can easily connect PostgreSQL to Amazon Redshift.
- Low Effort & Zero Maintenance – Daton automatically takes care of all the data replication processes and infrastructure once you sign up for a Daton account and configure the data sources. No need to manage infrastructure or write manual code.
- Data consistency guarantee and an incredibly friendly customer support team ensure you can leave the data engineering to Daton and focus on analysis and insights!
- Enterprise-grade data pipeline at an unbeatable price to help every business become data-driven. Get started with a single integration today for just $10 and scale up as your data needs grow.
- Robust Scheduling Options: This allows you to schedule jobs based on their requirements using a simple configuration step.
- Support for all major cloud data warehouses including Google BigQuery, Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse, PostgreSQL, and more.
- Flexible loading options allow you to optimize data loading behavior to maximize storage utilization and ease of querying.
- Enterprise-grade encryption gives your peace of mind
- Support for 100+ data sources – In addition to PostgreSQL, Daton can extract data from a varied range of sources such as Sales and Marketing applications, Databases, Analytics platforms, Payment platforms, and much more.
Let Daton handle the heavy lifting while your engineering team focuses on generating value instead of worrying about the availability of data.