Mixpanel to BigQuery – Made Easy
Replicate Mixpanel to BigQuery in minutes
Mixpanel is one of the older solutions in the product analytics space that offers business analytics solutions. Since Mixpanel is an analytics-as-a-service application, it collects data from your customers who use your product. In case you want to analyze this data with data from other sources, you will have to extract Mixpanel data and load it to a warehouse for storage or further analysis. Replicate Mixpanel data to BigQuery securely and consistently and let your data analysts do more with data and unlock valuable insights that help you reach your business goals.
This post will help you with loading your data from Mixpanel to BigQuery. If you are looking to get analytics-ready data without the manual hassle you can consider integrating Mixpanel to BigQuery with Daton, so you can focus on getting value out of your data.
Why integrate Mixpanel to BigQuery?
If you’re using Mixpanel, you know that it can provide data on user activity as long as your team is willing to invest engineering resources to fully implement it. It’s especially good for companies that want to examine the results of large campaigns with many small events or microtransactions. However, the platform has some significant limitations like its historical data is siloed.
Integrating your Mixpanel data to BigQuery will allow you to have centralized storage for your data so none of the data sits untapped. Also, Mixpanel BigQuery integration will allow you to combine this data with data from other sources for in-depth analysis. Integrate your Mixpanel data to BigQuery to unearth insights that can help you make smarter decisions, optimize processes, and serve customers better.
Mixpanel is a business analytics service company. It tracks user interactions with web and mobile applications and provides tools for targeted communication with them. Mixpanel helps companies measure what matters, make decisions fast, and build better products through data. With their powerful, self-serve product analytics solution, teams can easily analyze how and why people engage, convert, and retain—in real-time, across devices—to improve customer’s user experience.
Google BigQuery is a popular data warehouse solution that provides super-fast SQL-like queries against petabytes of data using the processing power of Google’s infrastructure. It is a serverless, highly scalable, and cost-effective multi-cloud data warehouse designed for business agility. Its fast deployment cycle and on-demand pricing make it one of the highly accessible and popular data warehouses. BigQuery also has built-in machine learning capabilities.
How to replicate Mixpanel to BigQuery?
Here’s an overview of the two approaches you can use to replicate Mixpanel data to BigQuery. This will allow you to evaluate the pros and cons of both and choose the one that best suits your requirement.
Build your own data pipeline
This process needs a lot of experience and consumes a lot of time and manpower. The chances of errors are more due to multiple integrated steps to be executed one after the other. You need to extract data using Mixpanel APIs & then connect it properly with the BigQuery data warehouse. This whole process to build a custom data pipeline requires regular intervention that makes it cumbersome.
Use Daton to integrate Mixpanel and BigQuery
Integrating Mixpanel and BigQuery with Daton is the fastest & easiest way to save your time and efforts. Leveraging a cloud data pipeline like Daton significantly simplifies and accelerates the time it takes to build automated reporting.
Configuring data replication on Daton only takes a few minutes and a few clicks. Your analysts do not have to write any code or manage any infrastructure, yet you can get access to Mixpanel data in a few hours.
Daton’s simple and easy-to-use interface allows analysts and developers to use UI elements to configure data replication from Mixpanel data into BigQuery.
Daton takes care of:
- Rate limits
- Historical data load
- Incremental data load
- Table creation, deletion, and reloads
- Refreshing access tokens
and many more important functions for data analysts to focus on analysis rather than worrying about the data replication.
Steps to integrate Mixpanel with Daton
- Sign in to Daton
- Select Mixpanel from the integrations page
- Provide Integration Name, Replication Frequency, and History. Integration name would be used in creating tables for the integration and cannot be changed later
- You will be redirected to Mixpanel login for authorizing Daton to extract data periodically
- Post successful authentication, you will be prompted to choose from the list of available Mixpanel accounts
- Select required tables from the available list of tables
- Then select all required fields for each table
- Submit the integration
Here are more reasons to explore Daton for Mixpanel to BigQuery Integration
- Faster integration of Mixpanel to BigQuery – Mixpanel to BigQuery is one of the integrations Daton can handle very conveniently and seamlessly. By following a few steps you can easily connect Mixpanel to BigQuery.
- Low Effort & Zero Maintenance – Daton automatically takes care of all the data replication processes and infrastructure once you sign up for a Daton account and configure the data sources. No need to manage infrastructure or write manual code.
- Data consistency guarantee and an incredibly friendly customer support team ensure you can leave the data engineering to Daton and focus on analysis and insights!
- Enterprise-grade data pipeline at an unbeatable price to help every business become data-driven. Get started with a single integration today for just $10 and scale up as your data needs grow.
- Robust Scheduling Options: This allows you to schedule jobs based on their requirements using a simple configuration step.
- Support for all major cloud data warehouses including Google BigQuery, Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse, PostgreSQL, and more.
- Flexible loading options allow you to optimize data loading behavior to maximize storage utilization and ease of querying.
- Enterprise-grade encryption gives your peace of mind
- Support for 100+ data sources – In addition to Mixpanel, Daton can extract data from a varied range of sources such as Sales and Marketing applications, Databases, Analytics platforms, Payment platforms, and much more.
Daton ensures that your Mixpanel data is replicated to BigQuery in just a few clicks in an easier, faster, and cost-effective way.