Shopee To Snowflake -Made Easy
Replicate Shopee to Snowflake in minute
Do you want to transfer data from Shopee to Snowflake instantly? Here is an easy solution for this data migration process using an ETL tool: Daton.
E-commerce businesses’ main goal is to decrease losses by becoming more data-driven. Companies believe in understanding the market’s demand and supply trends and analyze data by collecting it from the Shopee e-commerce platform and other apps. Shopee generates vital data like store overview, merchandising, customer info, orders reports, abandoned cart details. Companies use these data to find improvement areas. However, it is challenging to manually integrate several tools that companies use together for calculation and analysis purposes. Thus, replicate your Shopee data to Snowflake to enhance your campaigns and integrate it with analytics, engagement, customer support, billing, and sales data to estimate your true ROI. Online retailers reduce the time & effort of consolidating their multiple data silos by integrating data from various sources to a data warehouse using powerful ETL tools like Daton.
Why integrate Shopee to Snowflake?
Let’s take an example to understand why integrating our Shopee data to Snowflake is a must. Suppose a Shopee seller is selling his products across south-east Asian countries. While operating in different regions, the seller’s Shopee account will generate many data from different data silos like marketing, inventories, payment gateways, logistic channels and target audience in each country; sellers will also use other apps for calculation and analysis. For example, now, while calculating the expense of his business, a seller will use the following formula:
Profits/Losses = Sales – Expenses.
The seller will gather expense data from various data fields like inventory data from software like Olabi, Vinculum. Then, collect the marketing costs from Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, and other expense data from account software like Freshbook for each country. And pulling all these data together in a single platform for calculation and analysis is an expensive, time-consuming and complicated process. Especially if the seller is selling his products in different countries, then this process has to be repeated. Therefore, you also may not get an accurate result due to the time lag because the obtained data is not in real-time, which decreases the overall accuracy of the analysis. Therefore, you must consolidate all your data in one platform in the data warehouse like Snowflake to simplify the process to optimize your business performance. Daton is a powerful ETL tool that effortlessly transfers data from Shopee to Snowflake.
Shopee is a Singaporean multinational company that focuses on e-commerce. It operates in south-east Asian countries like Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan, and more. This website provides a platform to sellers who ventures into home-decorative items, fashion, and beauty products. Shopee offers a user-friendly platform called Shopee Seller Center that helps sellers to manage their inventory, orders, ad campaigns, sales, product listings, business insights, and much more. This website offers a dashboard with all the features that sellers will need while selling their items to customers. Shopee also provides a Shop category where sellers can have a customized view of their specific products, which are expected to bring greater returns.
Snowflake is a flexible, fast and robust data warehouse that helps to analyze big data. It offers high-speed SQL queries against petabytes of data using the processing power of Google’s infrastructure. It lets you upload a large proportion of datasets into Snowflake machine learning so you can understand your data better. Snowflake is a highly trusted source to process your data. This data warehouse enables you to securely and inexpensively process all the relevant data. And, also transform it into actionable insights for your enterprise.
How to replicate Shopee to Snowflake?
Here are two approaches you can use to replicate Shopee data to the Snowflake data warehouse. These approaches will not only allow you to evaluate the pros and cons of both but also, help choose the one that best suits your requirement.
Build your own data pipeline
This process needs a lot of experience and consumes time and manpower. Hence, the chances of getting errors are more due to multiple integrated steps to be executed one after the other. Therefore, you need to extract data using Shopee APIs & then connect it properly with the Snowflake data warehouse. In conclusion, this whole process to build a custom data pipeline requires regular intervention that makes it cumbersome.
Use Daton to integrate Shopee to Snowflake
Integrating Shopee to Snowflake with Daton is the fastest & easiest way to save your time and effort. Leveraging a cloud data pipeline like Daton significantly simplifies and accelerates the time it takes to build automated reporting.
Configuring data replication on Daton only takes a few minutes and a few clicks. Your analysts do not have to write any code or manage any infrastructure. And yet you can get access to Shopee data in a few hours.
Daton’s simple and easy-to-use interface allows analysts and developers to use UI elements. to configure data replication from Shopee to Snowflake.
Daton takes care of:
- Rate limits
- Historical data load
- Incremental data load
- Table creation, deletion, and reloads
- Refreshing access tokens
and many more important functions for data analysts to focus on analysis rather than worrying about data replication.
Steps to integrate Shopee with Daton
- Sign in to Daton.
- Select Shopee from the integrations page.
- Provide Integration Name, Replication Frequency, and History. Integration name would be used in creating tables for the integration and cannot be changed later.
- You will be redirected to Shopee log in for authorizing Daton to extract data periodically.
- Post successful authentication, you will be prompted to choose from the list of available Shopee accounts.
- Select required tables from the available list of tables.
- Then select all required fields for each table.
- Submit the integration.
Here are more reasons to explore Daton for Shopee and Snowflake Integration
- Low Effort & Zero Maintenance – Daton automatically takes care of all the data replication processes and infrastructure once you sign up for a Daton account and configure the data sources. No need to manage infrastructure or write manual code.
- Faster integration – Shopee to Snowflake is one of the integrations Daton can handle very conveniently and seamlessly. By following a few steps you can easily connect Shopee to Snowflake.
- Enterprise-grade data pipeline at an unbeatable price to help every business become data-driven. Get started with a single integration today for just $10 and scale up as your data needs grow.
- Data consistency guarantee and an incredibly friendly customer support team ensure you can leave the data engineering to Daton and focus on analysis and insights!
- Support for all major cloud data warehouses including Snowflake, Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse, PostgreSQL, and more.
- Robust Scheduling Options: This allows you to schedule jobs based on their requirements using a simple configuration step.
- Flexible loading options allow you to optimize data loading behavior to maximize storage utilization and ease of querying.
- Enterprise-grade encryption gives your peace of mind.
- Support for 100+ data sources – In addition to Shopee, Daton can extract data from a varied range of sources such as Sales and Marketing applications, Databases, Analytics platforms, Payment platforms, and much more.
- Daton, a fully managed modern ETL data pipeline gives you a fuss-free means to quickly and easily replicate your data from Shopee to Snowflake.