RDS PostgreSQL to Snowflake – Made Easy
Replicate RDS PostgreSQL to Snowflake in minutes
Do you want a quick and simple way to transfer data from RDS PostgreSQL to Snowflake? If yes, then you can migrate your data with an efficient ETL tool: Daton.
Increasing competition compels businesses to utilize their data to make informed decisions. The data from different tools require fast and secured storage. But the cost to set up and maintain a scalable and secure physical storage solution is quite high. So, now the companies are using cloud databases like PostgreSQL. Although, extracting, replicating and managing data from these databases is complex. Hence cloud servers like Amazon RDS have made a solution to manage PostgreSQL databases. RDS PostgreSQL provides easy access and control on your PostgreSQL database.
Nowadays, companies are reducing the time & effort of reporting and analyzing their business data from several databases and cloud storage. They use ETL tools like Daton to replicate data from these Cloud servers to data warehouses like Snowflake, where analysts get a consolidated view for faster and accurate reporting.
Why integrate RDS PostgreSQL to Snowflake?
Businesses nowadays use cloud servers like Amazon RDS cloud server to operate their cloud warehouses. These servers help to manage administrative tasks in cloud databases like PostgreSQL. You will get automatic database replication, backing by secure servers and reduced data loss and theft. Combine data from RDS PostgreSQL with other databases like COGS, Amazon Aurora, sales sheets to simplify data analysis and reporting. However, manual data integration is complex and time-consuming, often creating inaccurate reports. Thus, companies resort to ETL tools like Daton to transfer data from RDS PostgreSQL to Snowflake. It is a highly automated ETL Tool that easily replicates data from several data sources to cloud data warehouses without coding.
RDS PostgreSQL Overview
Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS) is a web service that enables users to manage a relational database for MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server and PostgreSQL in the AWS Cloud. AWS manages the underlying infrastructure like operating system, network, hardware, firewalls, security and regular patches. It is optimized for I/O-intensive, transactional (OLTP) database workloads. The cost-efficient server with resizable capacity is also used for common database administration tasks. Amazon RDS PostgreSQL supports DB instances running several versions and editions of PostgreSQL Server.
Snowflake is the most popular data warehouse to offer a cloud-native, petabyte-scale service. The software provides a query engine for all users allowing SQL based querying and a host of business intelligence tools to connect with the service. Snowflake is built on a scalable infrastructure, supports big data and massive workloads. The powerful management console enables connections from any SQL client. Snowflake service also supports REST APIs allowing developers to work in real-time with simple API calls. It is compatible with several BI and visualization tools.
How to replicate RDS PostgreSQL to Snowflake?
There are two ways in which you can replicate RDS PostgreSQL to Snowflake.
Build Your data pipeline – Building an in-house data pipeline needs a lot of experience, time and manpower with higher chances of errors. You need to extract data using RDS PostgreSQL APIs & then connect it properly with the Snowflake data warehouse.
Use Daton to integrate RDS PostgreSQL & Snowflake – Using Daton to integrate RDS PostgreSQL & Snowflake is the fastest & easiest way to save your time and efforts. Leveraging a cloud data pipeline like Daton simplifies and accelerates the time to build automated reporting to a great extent.
Configuring data replication on Daton only takes a few minutes and a few clicks. Analysts do not have to write any code or manage any infrastructure, yet they can get access to their Amazon ads data in a few hours. Daton’s simple and easy to use interface allows analysts and developers to use UI elements to configure data replication from RDS PostgreSQL data into Snowflake.
Daton takes care of:
- Rate limits,
- Table creation, deletion & reloads
- Refreshing access tokens,
- Historical data load,
- Incremental data load,
and many more important functions for data analysts to focus on analysis rather than worry about the data replication process.
Steps to Integrate RDS PostgreSQL with Daton
- Sign in to Daton
- Select RDS PostgreSQL from Integrations page
- Provide Integration Name, Replication Frequency, and History. Integration name would be used in creating tables for the integration and cannot be changed later
- You will be redirected to RDS PostgreSQL login for authorizing Daton to extract data periodically
- Post successful authentication, you will be prompted to choose from the list of available RDS PostgreSQL Ad accounts
- Select required tables from the available list of tables
- Then select all required fields for each table
- Submit the integration
Here are more reasons to explore Daton for RDS PostgreSQL to Snowflake Integration
- Faster Integration of RDS PostgreSQL to Snowflake– RDS PostgreSQL to Snowflake is one of the integrations Daton can handle very fast and seamlessly. By following few steps, you can easily connect RDS PostgreSQL to Snowflake.
- Robust Scheduling Options: allows you to schedule jobs based on their requirements using a simple configuration step.
- Low Effort & Zero Maintenance – Daton automatically takes care of all the data replication processes and infrastructure once you sign up for a Daton account and configure the data sources. There is no infrastructure to manage or no code to write.
- Data consistency guarantee and an incredibly friendly customer support team ensure you can leave the data engineering to Daton and focus instead of analysis and insights!
- Enterprise grade data pipeline at an unbeatable price to help every business become data driven. Get started with a single integration today for just $10 and scale up as your demands increase.
- Support for all major cloud data warehouses including Google BigQuery, Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse, PostgreSQL and more.
- Flexible loading options allows to you optimize data loading behavior to maximize storage utilization and easy of querying.
- Enterprise grade encryption gives your peace of mind
- Support for 100+ data sources – In addition to RDS PostgreSQL, Daton can extract data from a varied range of sources such as Sales and Marketing applications, Databases, Analytics platforms, Payment platforms and much more. Daton will ensure that you have a way to bring any data to Snowflake and generate relevant insights.