MailChimp to Redshift – Made Easy
Replicate MailChimp to Redshift in minutes
MailChimp is an all-in-one, powerful marketing platform that provides its users with insightful tracking and metrics for email marketing campaigns. But if you are looking for more advanced and flexible reporting, analysis, or dashboarding then you might benefit from moving your MailChimp data to a data warehouse like Redshift. Integrate your MailChimp data to a robust data warehouse like Redshift and start focusing on insights that matter to your business for building better customer relationships.
In this article, we will show you two approaches to replicate your MailChimp data to Redshift. Find out how you can set up MailChimp Redshift Integration and which approach suits the best for your business.
Why integrate MailChimp into Redshift?
Advertisers having multiple metrics to consider while evaluating their email campaign performance look for complete control over the email marketing data. Replicating your MailChimp data to a powerful data warehouse like Redshift is the right step towards building a single source of truth while eliminating all the data silos and getting analytical insights from your data. Once you replicate this data to Redshift, you can combine MailChimp data with other marketing data sources and get meaningful insights to optimize your email marketing efforts further.
MailChimp is a marketing automation platform that allows users to create, send, and analyze email and ad campaigns. It provides AI-powered, user-friendly tools to help you manage your customer relations successfully. MailChimp lets you send marketing emails and automated messages, create targeted ad campaigns, build landing pages, send postcards, facilitate reporting and analytics, and sell online. The new features introduced make MailChimp a general digital marketing and sales hub for smaller businesses.
Redshift is a cloud-based data warehouse solution offered by Amazon. The platform provides a storage system that lets companies store petabytes of data. Redshift takes full advantage of Amazon’s cloud server infrastructure and is designed for big data as it can scale easily because of the modular node design. It is a fully managed warehouse, so administrative tasks like configuration, maintenance backups, and security are completely automated. Amazon Redshift offers the performance, speed, and scalability required to address your data warehousing and ETL needs.
How to replicate MailChimp to Redshift?
Here’s an overview of the two approaches you can use to replicate MailChimp data to Redshift. This will allow you to evaluate the pros and cons of both and choose the one that best suits your requirement.
Build your own data pipeline
This process needs a lot of experience and consumes a lot of time and manpower. The chances of errors are more due to multiple integrated steps to be executed one after the other. You need to extract data using MailChimp APIs & then connect it properly with the Redshift data warehouse. This whole process to build a custom data pipeline requires regular intervention that makes it cumbersome.
Use Daton to integrate MailChimp and Redshift
Integrating MailChimp and Redshift with Daton is the fastest & easiest way to save your time and efforts. Leveraging a cloud data pipeline like Daton significantly simplifies and accelerates the time it takes to build automated reporting.
Configuring data replication on Daton only takes a few minutes and a few clicks. Your analysts do not have to write any code or manage any infrastructure, yet you can get access to MailChimp data in a few hours.
Daton’s simple and easy-to-use interface allows analysts and developers to use UI elements to configure data replication from MailChimp data into Redshift.
Daton takes care of:
- Rate limits
- Historical data load
- Incremental data load
- Table creation, deletion, and reloads
- Refreshing access tokens
and many more important functions for data analysts to focus on analysis rather than worrying about the data replication.
Steps to integrate MailChimp with Daton
- Sign in to Daton
- Select MailChimp from the integrations page
- Provide Integration Name, Replication Frequency, and History. Integration name would be used in creating tables for the integration and cannot be changed later
- You will be redirected to MailChimp log in for authorizing Daton to extract data periodically
- Post successful authentication, you will be prompted to choose from the list of available MailChimp accounts
- Select required tables from the available list of tables
- Then select all required fields for each table
- Submit the integration
Here are more reasons to explore Daton for MailChimp to Redshift Integration
- Faster integration – MailChimp to Redshift is one of the integrations Daton can handle very conveniently and seamlessly. By following few steps you can easily connect MailChimp to Redshift.
- Low Effort & Zero Maintenance – Daton automatically takes care of all the data replication processes and infrastructure once you sign up for a Daton account and configure the data sources. No need to manage infrastructure or write manual code.
- Data consistency guarantee and an incredibly friendly customer support team ensure you can leave the data engineering to Daton and focus on analysis and insights!
- Enterprise-grade data pipeline at an unbeatable price to help every business become data-driven. Get started with a single integration today for just $10 and scale up as your data needs grow.
- Robust Scheduling Options: This allows you to schedule jobs based on their requirements using a simple configuration step.
- Support for all major cloud data warehouses including Google BigQuery, Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse, PostgreSQL, and more.
- Flexible loading options allow to you optimize data loading behavior to maximize storage utilization and ease of querying.
- Enterprise-grade encryption gives your peace of mind
- Support for 100+ data sources – In addition to MailChimp, Daton can extract data from a varied range of sources such as Sales and Marketing applications, Databases, Analytics platforms, Payment platforms, and much more.
Having Daton as a part of your infrastructure allows you to focus on the right business projects or opportunities instead of worrying about the availability of data.