Google Drive to Snowflake – Made Easy
Replicate Google Drive to Snowflake in minutes
Some businesses may use Google Drive as a database, that’s probably a fairly convenient way for business users to input and manage the data. But gradually your data becomes too large for on-demand analytics and chances are you may struggle to combine data from multiple Google documents into a single source of truth for reports and analytics. Replicate your Google Drive data to Snowflake for deep actionable insights and develop custom dashboards that give you and your team insights into the performance.
In this blog post, we will walk you through two methods of replicating your data from Google Drive to Snowflake and help you critically assess their benefits and drawbacks.
Why integrate Google Drive to Snowflake?
In a fast-paced e-commerce environment, manually storing your business essential data on Google Drive is unsustainable. If your organization is managing massive data on Google Drive, integrating your Google drive data to Snowflake can help you find meaningful insights and gain flexibility. This will allow you to have a powerful backup solution for your data for the future analytical workload. Also, moving your data to Snowflake will allow you to compare this Google Drive data with other tools and applications for faster analysis.
Google Drive Overview
Google Drive is an immensely popular cloud storage service that lets you store various files on the cloud and allows you to access them from anywhere and any device. It gives access to free web-based applications for creating documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and more. Google Drive’s popularity is built on useful collaborative tools and built-in integrations along with Google’s suite of products and services. Google Drive serves as a backup solution or as a way to free up space on your device.
Snowflake is a cloud-based analytics data warehouse platform designed to be fast, flexible, and easy to work with. It is one of the few enterprise-ready cloud data warehouses that brings simplicity without sacrificing features. Snowflake is a data warehouse built on top of the Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure cloud infrastructure and uses a SQL database engine with unique architecture designed for the cloud. What sets Snowflake apart is its architecture and data sharing capabilities. The Snowflake architecture allows storage and computes to scale independently, so customers can use and pay for computation and storage separately. Also, the sharing functionality makes it easy for organizations to quickly share governed and secure data in real-time.
How to replicate Google Drive to Snowflake?
Here’s an overview of the two approaches you can use to replicate Google Drive data to Snowflake. This will allow you to evaluate the pros and cons of both and choose the one that best suits your requirement.
Build your own data pipeline
This process needs a lot of experience and consumes a lot of time and manpower. The chances of errors are more due to multiple integrated steps to be executed one after the other. You need to extract data using Google Drive APIs & then connect it properly with the Snowflake data warehouse. This whole process to build a custom data pipeline requires regular intervention that makes it cumbersome.
Use Daton to integrate Google Drive and Snowflake
Integrating Google Drive and Snowflake with Daton is the fastest & easiest way to save your time and efforts. Leveraging a cloud data pipeline like Daton significantly simplifies and accelerates the time it takes to build automated reporting.
Configuring data replication on Daton only takes a few minutes and a few clicks. Your analysts do not have to write any code or manage any infrastructure, yet you can get access to Google Drive data in a few hours.
Daton’s simple and easy-to-use interface allows analysts and developers to use UI elements to configure data replication from Google Drive data into Snowflake.
Daton takes care of:
- Rate limits
- Historical data load
- Incremental data load
- Table creation, deletion, and reloads
- Refreshing access tokens
and many more important functions that are required to enable analysts to focus on analysis rather than worrying about the data that is delivered for analysis.
Steps to integrate Google Drive with Daton
- Sign in to Daton
- Select Google Drive from the integrations page
- Provide Integration Name, Replication Frequency, and History. Integration name would be used in creating tables for the integration and cannot be changed later
- You will be redirected to Google Drive log in for authorizing Daton to extract data periodically
- Post successful authentication, you will get prompts to choose from the list of available Google Drive accounts
- Select required tables from the available list of tables
- Then select all required fields for each table
- Submit the integration
Here are more reasons to explore Daton for Google Drive to Snowflake Integration
- Faster integration – Google Drive to Snowflake is one of the integrations Daton can handle very conveniently and seamlessly. By following few steps you can easily connect Google Drive to Snowflake.
- Low Effort & Zero Maintenance – Daton automatically takes care of all the data replication processes and infrastructure once you sign up for a Daton account and configure the data sources. No need to manage infrastructure or write manual code.
- Data consistency guarantee and an incredibly friendly customer support team ensure you can leave the data engineering to Daton and focus on analysis and insights!
- Enterprise-grade data pipeline at an unbeatable price to help every business become data-driven. Get started with a single integration today for just $10 and scale up as your data needs grow.
- Robust Scheduling Options: This allows you to schedule jobs based on their requirements using a simple configuration step.
- Support for all major cloud data warehouses including Google BigQuery, Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse, PostgreSQL, and more.
- Flexible loading options allow to you optimize data loading behavior to maximize storage utilization and ease of querying.
- Enterprise-grade encryption gives your peace of mind
- Support for 100+ data sources – In addition to Google Drive, Daton can extract data from a varied range of sources such as Sales and Marketing applications, Databases, Analytics platforms, Payment platforms, and much more.
The simplicity and ease of using Daton as a data pipeline platform is its reliability and robust architecture that makes data integration from Google Drive to any data warehouse a hassle-free affair for you.