Google Drive to BigQuery – Made Easy
Replicate Google Drive to BigQuery in minutes
Google Drive is a file storage service developed by Google. It allows users to store files in the cloud, synchronize files across devices, and share files. Have your Google drive data in the same cloud data warehouse as your advertising, support, and sales data. This will help you get a holistic understanding of your business processes. Replicating your data from Google drive to BigQuery allows you to visualize your business-critical data faster or simply create a backup of your data.
In this article, we have highlighted some of the challenges of developing a custom data pipeline solution and why it is worth having a fully managed ETL data pipeline for your business.
Why integrate Google Drive into BigQuery?
If you are struggling to combine data from Google Drive into a single source of truth for reports and analytics, then integrating your Google Drive to BigQuery is an essential step towards building a faster and integrated analytics solution. This will not only help you analyze your data and find unique insights but also deploy machine learning capabilities to make the most of your data. Also, once you move your Google Drive data to BigQuery you can easily combine this data with other tools and applications in order to perform on-demand analytics and serve customers better.
Google Drive Overview
Google Drive is a file storage and synchronization service developed by Google. It is a key component of Google Workspace. Google Drive allows users to store files in the cloud, synchronize files across devices, and share files. In addition to a web interface, Google Drive offers apps with offline capabilities for Windows and macOS computers, Android and iOS smartphones, and tablets. Google Drive encompasses Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Slides, which are a part of the Google Docs Editors office suite that permits collaborative editing of documents, spreadsheets, presentations, drawings, forms, and more.
Google BigQuery is a serverless data warehousing platform where you can query and process vast amounts of data. Google BigQuery is a powerful Big Data analytics platform that enables super-fast SQL queries against append-only tables using the processing power of Google’s infrastructure. The best part about it is that one can run multiple queries in a matter of seconds even if the datasets are relatively large in size. BigQuery is a powerful tool for business intelligence and it offers analytics capabilities to organizations of all sizes.
How to replicate Google Drive to BigQuery?
Here are two approaches you can use to replicate Google Drive data to BigQuery. This will allow you to evaluate the pros and cons of both and choose the one that best suits your requirement.
Build your own data pipeline
This process needs a lot of experience and consumes a lot of time and manpower. The chances of errors are more due to multiple integrated steps one after the other. You need to extract data using Google Drive APIs & then connect it properly with the BigQuery data warehouse. This whole process to build a custom data pipeline is cumbersome.
Use Daton to integrate Google Drive and BigQuery
Integrating Google Drive and BigQuery with Daton is the fastest & easiest way to save your time and efforts. Leveraging a cloud data pipeline like Daton significantly simplifies and accelerates the time it takes to build automated reporting.
Configuring data replication on Daton only takes a few minutes and a few clicks. Your analysts do not have to write any code or manage any infrastructure, yet you can get access to Google Drive data in a few hours.
Daton’s simple and easy-to-use interface allows analysts and developers to use UI elements to configure data replication from Google Drive data into BigQuery.
Daton takes care of:
- Rate limits
- Historical data load
- Incremental data load
- Table creation, deletion, reload
- Refreshing access tokens
and many more important functions that are required to enable analysts to focus on analysis rather than worrying about the data that is delivered for analysis.
Steps to integrate Google Drive with Daton
- Sign in to Daton
- Select Google Drive from the integrations page
- Provide Integration Name, Replication Frequency, and History. Integration name would be used in creating tables for the integration and cannot be changed later
- You will be redirected to Google Drive log in for authorizing Daton to extract data periodically
- Post successful authentication, you will be prompted to choose from the list of available Google Drive accounts
- Select required tables from the available list of tables
- Then select all required fields for each table
- Submit the integration
Here are more reasons to explore Daton for Google Drive to BigQuery Integration
- Faster integration – Google Drive to BigQuery is one of the integrations Daton can handle very conveniently and seamlessly. By following a few steps you can easily connect Google Drive to BigQuery.
- Low Effort & Zero Maintenance – Daton automatically takes care of all the data replication processes and infrastructure once you sign up for a Daton account and configure the data sources. No need to manage infrastructure or write manual code.
- Data consistency guarantee and an incredibly friendly customer support team ensure you can leave the data engineering to Daton and focus on analysis and insights!
- Enterprise-grade data pipeline at an unbeatable price to help every business become data-driven. Get started with a single integration today for just $10 and scale up as your data needs grow.
- Robust Scheduling Options: allows you to schedule jobs based on their requirements using a simple configuration step.
- Support for all major cloud data warehouses including Google BigQuery, Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse, PostgreSQL, and more.
- Flexible loading options allow you to optimize data loading behavior to maximize storage utilization and ease of querying.
- Enterprise-grade encryption gives your peace of mind
- Support for 100+ data sources – In addition to Google Drive, Daton can extract data from a varied range of sources such as Sales and Marketing applications, Databases, Analytics platforms, Payment platforms, and much more.
With Daton you can seamlessly replicate your Google drive data to BigQuery and turn your data into valuable and actionable insights.