GCS to Google BigQuery – Made Easy
Replicate GCS to Google BigQuery in minutes
Do you want a quick and simple way to transfer data from GCS to Google BigQuery? If yes, then you can migrate your data with an efficient ETL tool: Daton.
Modern companies need to utilize their data to stay ahead of increasing competition and make data-driven decisions. Data from different tools used in automating operations require fast and secured storage. Unfortunately, the cost to build and maintain a scalable, fast and secure physical storage solution is usually too high. So, cloud storage solutions like Google Cloud Storage are becoming popular. They provide secure virtual storage solutions at no upfront cost.
Multiple data silos need to be consolidated to get a complete sense of the business. But manual data integration is complex, inaccurate and time-consuming. As a result, data-savvy companies are reducing the time & effort of reporting and analyzing their multiple data silos by integrating these massive volumes of data present in different sheets, CSV files, cloud storages to data warehouses like Google BigQuery.
Why integrate GCS to Google BigQuery?
Nowadays, enterprises use cloud storage solutions like Google Cloud Storage (GCP) to consolidate their data. These storage solutions promote collaboration for teams working in several offices across the globe. The data automatically gets backed up by secure servers, reducing data theft and loss. Tally data from GCS with customer behaviour, billing, sales and inventory data to simplify data analysis and reporting. However, manual data consolidation takes much time to execute manually, and the reports are often inaccurate. Thus, data-savvy companies resort to ETL tools like Daton to replicate data from GCS to Google BigQuery. It is a highly automated ETL Tool that easily migrates data from several data sources to cloud data warehouses without coding.
Google Cloud Storage is a reliable platform for secure storage options, powerful computation features and integrated data analytics products. Integrated G-Suite will allow users to collaborate on projects through Hangouts, Calendar, Drive and Google Docs. GCP data centres worldwide consist of physical assets like computers and hard drives for smooth distribution of resources preventing any failure or latency reduction. GCP makes users adapt to a serverless environment with minimum infrastructure. The GCP “AppEngine” helps to provide automatic resources, app hosting and monitoring.
Google Bigquery Overview
Google BigQuery is the first serverless data warehouse service that was available in the market. A database administrator architects the schema and optimize the partitions for performance and cost in a Google BigQuery environment. This cloud service automatically scales to fulfil any demands of a query. Google BigQuery service offers an excellent pricing model based on the amount of data processed by incoming queries, not on the storage or the compute capacity for processing queries. The best part about using Google BigQuery is that you can instantly load data to the service as soon as you start using it. The primary requirements are a mechanism to load data into the data warehouse and the ability to write SQL queries.
How to replicate GCS to Google BigQuery?
There are two ways in which you can replicate GCS to Google BigQuery.
Build Your data pipeline – Building an in-house data pipeline needs a lot of experience, time and manpower with higher chances of errors. You need to extract data using GCS APIs & then connect it properly with the Google BigQuery data warehouse.
Use Daton to integrate GCS & Google BigQuery – Using Daton to integrate GCS & Google BigQuery is the fastest & easiest way to save your time and efforts. Leveraging a cloud data pipeline like Daton simplifies and accelerates the time to build automated reporting to a great extent.
Configuring data replication on Daton only takes a few minutes and a few clicks. Analysts do not have to write any code or manage any infrastructure, yet they can get access to their Amazon ads data in a few hours. Daton’s simple and easy to use interface allows analysts and developers to use UI elements to configure data replication from GCS data into Google BigQuery.
Daton takes care of:
- Rate limits,
- Table creation, deletion & reloads
- Refreshing access tokens,
- Historical data load,
- Incremental data load,
and many more important functions for data analysts to focus on analysis rather than worry about the data replication process.
Steps to Integrate GCS with Daton
- Sign in to Daton
- Select GCS from Integrations page
- Provide Integration Name, Replication Frequency, and History. Integration name would be used in creating tables for the integration and cannot be changed later
- You will be redirected to GCS login for authorizing Daton to extract data periodically
- Post successful authentication, you will be prompted to choose from the list of available GCS Ad accounts
- Select required tables from the available list of tables
- Then select all required fields for each table
- Submit the integration
Here are more reasons to explore Daton for GCS to Google BigQuery Integration
- Faster Integration of GCS to Google BigQuery–GCS to Google BigQuery is one of the integrations Daton can handle very fast and seamlessly. By following few steps, you can easily connect GCS to Google BigQuery.
- Robust Scheduling Options: allows you to schedule jobs based on their requirements using a simple configuration step.
- Low Effort & Zero Maintenance – Daton automatically takes care of all the data replication processes and infrastructure once you sign up for a Daton account and configure the data sources. There is no infrastructure to manage or no code to write.
- Data consistency guarantee and an incredibly friendly customer support team ensure you can leave the data engineering to Daton and focus instead of analysis and insights!
- Enterprise grade data pipeline at an unbeatable price to help every business become data driven. Get started with a single integration today for just $10 and scale up as your demands increase.
- Support for all major cloud data warehouses including Snowflake, Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse, PostgreSQL and more.
- Flexible loading options allows to you optimize data loading behavior to maximize storage utilization and easy of querying.
- Enterprise grade encryption gives your peace of mind
- Support for 100+ data sources – In addition to GCS, Daton can extract data from a varied range of sources such as Sales and Marketing applications, Databases, Analytics platforms, Payment platforms and much more. Daton will ensure that you have a way to bring any data to Google BigQuery and generate relevant insights.