Yahoo Gemini to Snowflake – Made Easy
If you have come here, you are probably looking for a way to transfer data from Yahoo Gemini to Snowflake quickly. In this article, we talk about why Yahoo Gemini is essential and how you can get access to this data without having to write any code.
The choice for eCommerce business when it comes to marketing and selling their merchandise is growing every day. eCommerce vendors have to decide on what channels they want to sell on, which channels they want to spend their advertising dollars on, whether the channels include:
- Branded websites
- In some cases branded eCommerce sites per country
- In many instances, marketplaces per country
- Retail stores
- to create an omnichannel presence and to engage buyers where the shop
Complexity increases with the addition of every sales channel. For instance, if we consider marketing channels available to support online business, you will find a choice of:
- Social Media ads – Some platforms include Facebook Ads, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and others
- Digital ads and remarketing – Criteo, Taboola, Outbrain, and others
- PPC – Yahoo Gemini, Bing ads, and others
- Email – Mailchimp, Klaviyo, Hubspot, and others
- Affiliate – Refersion, CJ Affiliates
- Influencer marketing
- Offline marketing and more
Choice, while being a great virtue, leads to complexity and this complexity when not managed properly, can, in turn, impact the efficiency of running an eCommerce business. Most eCommerce businesses grapple with this complexity; some well and many not so well.
In a competitive digital landscape that we live in, it has become imperative that eCommerce businesses of all sizes that aspire to grow and stay profitable have to look into their data deeply and leverage this for growth.
With the increase in competition, eCommerce Companies should strive to be more data-driven for various reasons. Some of these reasons include.
- understanding the balance between demand and supply
- understanding customer lifetime value (LTV)
- Segmenting customer base for effective marketing
- finding opportunities to reduce wasteful spend
- optimizing digital assets to maximize revenue for the same marketing spend,
- improving ROIs on Ad campaigns and
- offering an engaging and seamless experience for customers in every channel that the customer engages with the brand.
Businesses these days need to be efficient in terms of their data analysis. They are struggling to make sense of the data generated from various applications and tools used to manage different processes efficiently.
Due to the reasons highlighted above, any eCommerce business typically operates at least 10-15 different software/platforms to deliver on their customer expectations. As a result, data silos are created, which makes it more difficult to consolidate data and use the data for reporting, operations, analysis, and taking informed forward-looking decisions.
Marketing platforms like Yahoo Gemini generate a substantial amount of data like impressions, user behaviour, clicks, product details, and more. Additionally, eCommerce companies that sell globally often end up having separate ad accounts for each country which in turn creates data silos for each country. Imagine a brand selling on three marketplaces or three countries – They may have three accounts per channel in which they are generating data—consolidation of data from these accounts for effective reporting.
These silos make an analysis of the entire business data comprehensively, challenging. Data Savvy eCommerce businesses try to reduce the effort of reporting and analysis by integrating data from all these channels into a cloud data warehouse like Snowflake. By taking this step, the process of reporting and analysis becomes easy, inexpensive, and consequently done more frequently.
In this post, we will be looking at methods to replicate data from Yahoo Gemini to Snowflake.
Before we start exploring the process involved in data transfer, let us spend some time looking at these individual platforms.
Yahoo Gemini Overview
Yahoo Gemini is a platform designed mainly for mobile and native advertising. It is a solution by Yahoo advertising for placing ads. As Verizon owns the platform, by purchasing ads through the platform, you gain access to Verizon-owned properties such as HuffPost, Tumblr, Yahoo’s content itself, AOL’s content, Engadget and TechCrunch. You can display image ads, video ads, app install ads, Tumblr sponsored posts, carousel ads, and mail ads within Yahoo Mail. You can even import campaigns from Google Ads. Gemini keeps each platform separate, including the difference between mobile browser and mobile app ads allowing you total control over the destination of your ads. Gemini specializes in displaying native advertisements. Through the unique combination of native and search advertising formats, Yahoo Gemini delivers powerful results, lifting brand awareness by 279% and boosting brand-related searches by 3.6x. Some of the reasons for which Yahoo Gemini is popular amongst its users are :
- Similar interfaces compared to Bing and Google
- Proactive Customer Support
- Limited but strong ROI
- Reporting: granular exports (summary, by week, by day) of front end metrics (clicks, impressions, spend)
- Quickly build and launch campaigns specifically tailored to client needs
- Intuitive interface and documentation to guide campaign prep and launches
- Ability to reach an untapped audience
Snowflake is a cloud-based data warehouse created by three data warehousing experts at Oracle Corporation in 2012. Snowflake Computing, the vendor behind the Snowflake Cloud Data Warehouse product, raised over $400 million over the past eight years and acquired thousands of customers. One might wonder if another data warehouse vendor is needed in an already crowded field of traditional data warehousing technologies like Oracle, Teradata, SQL Server, and cloud data warehouses like Amazon Redshift and Google BigQuery. Well, the answer is the disruption caused by cloud technologies and cloud opportunities for new technology companies. Public clouds enabled startups to shed past baggage, learn from the past, challenge the status quo, and take a fresh look at cloud opportunities to create a new data warehouse product. You can read this article to understand the core technology components that make up this modern, cloud-built data warehouse for consumers of cloud technologies.
You can register for a $400 free trial of Snowflake within minutes. This credit is sufficient to store a terabyte of data and run a small data warehouse environment for a few days.
Why Do Businesses Need to Replicate Yahoo Gemini Data to Snowflake?
Let’s take a simple example to illustrate why data consolidation from Yahoo Gemini to Snowflake can be helpful for an eCommerce business.
An e-commerce company selling in multiple countries is running campaigns on Yahoo Gemini. They have different selling platforms, payment gateways, inventories, logistic channels and target audience in each country. An ad might be running off a product which might no longer be in stock, or might not be deliverable in the location which it is running, rendering these ads as redundant and thus causing a substantial loss for the company. Now when the decision-makers want to rectify this and optimize the Yahoo Gemini Ad campaigns to maximize ROIs, they are faced with the following problems.
- There are separate data silos for inventory data, logistics data, which need to be separately downloaded and compared and updated regularly to optimize the Yahoo Gemini campaign.
- Again if you want to do remarketing effectively, then people who have not completed payments, or have encountered a failed transaction need to be targeted in addition to people who have added products to their cart, wishlists or favourites. People who have responded to other marketing campaigns like email, SMS, social media marketing also need to be targeted. So again separate data silos from various selling platforms, payment gateways, marketing tools need to be downloaded, analyzed and compared.
- Audience profiling data from e-commerce platforms, CRMs, customer support systems need to be analyzed to optimize audience targeting.
- While calculating profits/losses of the overall business, it becomes a nearly impossible task to pull all of these data from multiple platforms for each country separately, and then analyze all of this data together with the expense data and calculate profits. It involves a lot of working hours which costs money, and there is usually a time lag involved, which reduces the accuracy of the analysis and its effectiveness as the data is not analyzed in real-time.
- The compilation and processing of data from multiple sources for thorough research is a considerable challenge if carried out manually.
For these reasons, top companies consolidate all of their data from Yahoo Gemini and other apps and tools into a data warehouse like Snowflake to analyze the data and generate reports at a rapid pace.
The more data you can gather and use from different sources in your Google ad campaign, the more your ad delivery is optimized. You cannot natively transmit all these data to Yahoo. Such data must be collected and analyzed correctly in a data warehouse before you use the relevant information to run ad campaigns on Google.
Replicate data from Yahoo Gemini to Snowflake
There are two board ways to pull data from any source to any destination. The decision is always a build vs buy decision. Let us look at both these options to see which option provides the business with a scalable, reliable, and cost-effective solution for reporting and analysis of Yahoo Gemini data. You can also retrieve the data from Snowflake any time you want. To know more, click here.
Use a cloud data pipeline
Building support for APIs is not only tedious but it is also extremely time-consuming, difficult, and expensive. Engaging analysts or developers in writing support for these APIs takes away their time from more revenue-generating endeavours. Leveraging a cloud data pipeline like Daton significantly simplifies and accelerates the time it takes to build automated reporting. Daton supports automated extraction and loading of Yahoo Gemini data into cloud data warehouses like Google BigQuery, Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, and Oracle Autonomous DB.
Configuring data replication on Daton on only takes a minute and a few clicks. Analysts do not have to write any code or manage any infrastructure but yet can still get access to their Yahoo Gemini data in a few hours. Any new data is generated is automatically replicated to the data warehouse without any manual intervention.
Daton supports replication from Yahoo Gemini to a cloud data warehouse of your choice, including Snowflake. Daton’s simple and easy to use interface allows analysts and developers to use UI elements to configure data replication from Yahoo Gemini data into Snowflake. Daton takes care of
- rate limits,
- historical data load,
- incremental data load,
- table creation,
- table deletion,
- table reloads,
- refreshing access tokens,
and many more important functions that are required to enable analysts to focus on analysis rather than worry about the data that is delivered for analysis.
Daton – The Data Replication Superhero
Daton is a fully-managed, cloud data pipeline that seamlessly extracts relevant data from many data sources for consolidation into a data warehouse of your choice for more effective analysis. The best part analysts and developers can put Daton into action without the need to write any code.
Here are more reasons to explore Daton:
- Support for 100+ data sources – In addition to Bing Ads, Daton can extract data from a varied range of sources such as Sales and Marketing applications, Databases, Analytics platforms, Payment platforms and much more. Daton will ensure that you have a way to bring any data to Snowflake and generate relevant insights.
- Robust scheduling options allow users to schedule jobs based on their requirements using simple configuration steps.
- Support for all major cloud data warehouses including Google BigQuery, Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse, PostgreSQL and more.
- Low Effort & Zero Maintenance – Daton automatically takes care of all the data replication processes and infrastructure once you sign up for a Daton account and configure the data sources. There is no infrastructure to manage or no code to write.
- Flexible loading options allow you to optimize data loading behaviour to maximize storage utilization and also easy of querying.
- Enterprise-grade encryption gives your peace of mind
- Data consistency guarantee and an incredibly friendly customer support team ensure you can leave the data engineering to Daton and focus instead of analysis and insights!
- Enterprise-grade data pipeline at an unbeatable price to help every business become data-driven. Get started with a single integration today for just $10 and scale up as your demands increase.
Interested in learning more about data warehouses, their architecture, and how they are priced? Check out our other articles.
|Google BigQuery||Google Bigquery Pricing Google BigQuery – Architecture and Key Features|
|Snowflake||Pros and Cons of Snowflake Snowflake Architecture|
|AWS Redshift||Amazon Redshift|
|Oracle Autonomous DB||Oracles Autonomous Data Warehouse|
|For sections where we talk about manual reports and lost productivity||https://sarasanalytics.com/blog/improving-data-analyst-productivity|
|What is a cloud data pipeline||https://sarasanalytics.com/blog/what-is-a-data-pipeline|