How an Amazon Seller Can Choose the Most Suitable Keywords to List His Product?
The most critical issue an Amazon seller faces while going through the product listing phase is to choose the kind of keywords that will be most suitable to define their products and get the maximum amount of organic traffic on their product’s page.
There are several ways an amazon seller does it and we will learn about those one by one.
What Are Keywords?
In simple terms, Keywords are those words that define the attributes of a product and generate organic traffic to the website or blog.
Therefore, words such as budget, gaming, accessories, give away some crucial information about the gaming laptop. Hence, users will use these keywords or attributes to search for a specific product on the internet.
Choosing the right keyword is an important step. Amazon provides various tools and options to the Amazon sellers to use the most suitable keywords to get maximum visibility on Google’s search engine.
And for this, sellers use Amazon’s search terms tool, to type in the most popular keywords that could generate a large amount of organic traffic on the Amazon seller’s product page.
However, it is quite challenging to reach the top of the search engine’s first page while using the most popular keywords as other sellers are also using the same keywords to sell their products.
In such a situation, Amazon sellers use low competition keywords that have the potential to get maximum visibility. These words can also generate a considerable number of organic traffic.
Amazon also makes it a point to extract all the necessary information about the product from the seller, so that the users are not misguided to buy a product. An Amazon seller must fill in the essential details like Vital Info, Variations, Offer, Compliance, Images, Description, Keywords, and More Details.
Rules for Choosing The Right Keywords
An Amazon seller must follow certain rules to choose the most appropriate keywords to bring his product to a customer’s notice. Hence, the following rules are:
- Let’s go back to the search terms image(Image 1). One can observe that in the search terms tab, an Amazon seller has added the keywords related to a specific “anti-aging cream”.
- There is no use of special characters like commas, semicolons. Space is enough to differentiate two different keywords.
- Usage of words like of, a, the, by, for or New, sale, on-sale, cheap, need not be used.
- The product title should not be added in the search terms, because vital Info already mentions the title.
- The seller cannot use another brand’s name. If Amazon finds it, then the seller’s product may get canceled.
- Words that describe the product are allowed.
- Repeating similar words, again and again, will waste the space provided in the search terms tab.
Note: Amazon’s search term keywords bring a seller’s product on the top of the search engine. However, other essential factors like SEO usage are directly responsible for getting organic traffic on the Amazon seller’s product page on Amazon’s website.
Low Competition Keywords with High Traffic
To understand this, let’s take an example of an Amazon seller who has website content with a random topic or keyword ( eg., budget gaming laptops keyword), which already has a lot of competition.
There is a high probability that the Amazon seller’s content will probably not appear on the search result as there are other influential sites that already have covered the topic of budget gaming laptops and are using the same keyword.
Now, to make the content appear in the search result, the Amazon seller needs to find a keyword with low competition and create content for that keyword. The keyword should be such that it gets easily ranked on Google.
The Amazon seller must observe his product listing page and ascertain what kind of keywords would be best suited for his products. For example, suppose, budget smartphones, budget android phones are important keywords that have less available content. So, an Amazon seller can use it to draw customers’ attention. Low-competition means that there are fewer people who are using a certain keyword and a seller still has chances to get maximum attention from users for his product page.
How an Amazon Seller Can Search for Low Competition Keywords?
There are several methods through which an amazon seller can search for low competition keywords to draw customers’ attention towards his products. And the following are:
- As shown in image 2, open a new tab > go to keyword.io > Free keyword research tool site. Keyword.io will show a list that which keywords have the least number of articles or content in general.
- On the search tab > Enter the website’s topic (example budget smartphones) > click search.
- Once clicked > we will get an enumerated list of keywords (shown in the above image at a left-hand side table) related to our topic.
- These are the terms that the users are specifically using on Google and linked to budget smartphones. For example, keywords like: Budget smartphones 2020, Smartphone budget under 10K , Smartphone budget under 15K, Budget smartphones 2021, and so on.
One by one, an Amazon seller must select the keywords under which he wants to list his products and generate search traffic. These keywords can also be used in articles, blogs or to describe products while listing them on Amazon’s website or individual website.
Kwfinder is another website that can help a seller find low competition keywords. An Amazon seller can use the following methods in this regard:
- The seller must create an account on kwfinder( required for using the trial version). Seller can also opt for the kwfinder premium version for better results.
- Once on the page, click the SEO tools option on top-left side. Click on kwfinder. Fill in the details about the product. And there you go!
- As shown in images 3 and 4, you can find low-competition keywords.
- One can also find proper charts and graphs in kwfinder. It can show keywords that were mostly or rarely used by websites, besides other details.
Following these free tools, an amazon seller can set his low competition keywords, if he wants to rank his website high and bring more visibility to his product listing page.
Amazon search terms give its sellers an option to bring more visibility to their products by using unique keywords, even though SEO usage is a must if sellers want their products to rank high on search results but using the right keywords also helps a lot.
Amazon’s sole purpose is to sell as many products as possible. Low competition keywords can also help to bring more visibility to products listed on the Amazon website.
There are various tools like kwfinder, keyword.io that can help us to find correct keywords.
A good CRO team can guide you to find better tools to find unique keywords with special and better tools, offering proper advice on how to bring our website content and products to users’ notice on various online search results. If you want to know more about our products, then,