Exotel to Snowflake – Made Easy
Replicate Exotel to Snowflake in minutes
Exotel is a cloud telephony platform that powers communication for enterprises, startups, and small and medium enterprises. Since most eCommerce companies have data coming in from a variety of sources, they may feel the need to integrate Exotel data with marketing, sales, and ads data to track the user’s path through the conversion funnel. Hence it becomes important to replicate your Exotel data to a robust cloud-based data warehouse like Snowflake. This will also help you have centralized storage for data analysis and act as a single source of information.
In this article, we will explore the business benefits of Exotel and Snowflake integration and how you can configure this setup with two different approaches.
Why integrate Exotel to Snowflake?
Exotel has become an essential component of marketing mixes, particularly for e-commerce stores. Exotel generates a substantial amount of data about the customers and this data must be collected and analyzed correctly to optimize and personalize your interactions with the customers. Replicating your Exotel data to a data warehouse like Snowflake will enable you to consolidate your data with other data sources and take advantage of advanced analytical capabilities. By moving your data to Snowflake, you are no longer bound to keep your Exotel data siloed from other parts of your business.
Exotel provides cloud telephony services such as virtual phone numbers and telephony applications for small and medium enterprises in Asia. They provide APIs that help companies devise their own communication flow. It is a business telephony solution that helps with voice-over calls, contextual SMSs, user verification, phone number masking, and more. Using Exotel Call Recording Software which is an IVR solution, you can minimize the call handling time and make sure that each of your agents has the right info at hand.
Snowflake is a data warehouse solution built on top of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud infrastructure and is a true SaaS offering with full support for ANSI SQL. There’s no hardware or software to select, install, configure, or manage, so it’s ideal for organizations that don’t want to dedicate resources for setup, maintenance, and support of in-house servers. Snowflake stores both structured and semi-structured data, converting it into a usable format that is SQL-compatible. The Snowflake data warehouse is cloud-agnostic, allowing the customers to be multi-cloud. Currently, Snowflake is available on Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and Amazon Web Services.
How to replicate Exotel to Snowflake?
Here’s an overview of the two approaches you can use to replicate Exotel data to Snowflake. This will allow you to evaluate the pros and cons of both and choose the one that best suits your requirement.
Build your own data pipeline
This process needs a lot of experience and consumes a lot of time and manpower. The chances of errors are more due to multiple integrated steps to be executed one after the other. You need to extract data using Exotel APIs & then connect it properly with the Snowflake data warehouse. This whole process to build a custom data pipeline requires regular intervention that makes it cumbersome.
Use Daton to integrate Exotel and Snowflake
Integrating Exotel and Snowflake with Daton is the fastest & easiest way to save your time and efforts. Leveraging a cloud data pipeline like Daton significantly simplifies and accelerates the time it takes to build automated reporting.
Configuring data replication on Daton only takes a few minutes and a few clicks. Your analysts do not have to write any code or manage any infrastructure, yet you can get access to Exotel data in a few hours.
Daton’s simple and easy-to-use interface allows analysts and developers to use UI elements to configure data replication from Exotel data into Snowflake.
Daton takes care of:
- Rate limits
- Historical data load
- Incremental data load
- Table creation, deletion, and reloads
- Refreshing access tokens
and many more important functions for data analysts to focus on analysis rather than worrying about the data transfer.
Steps to integrate Exotel with Daton
- Sign in to Daton
- Select Exotel from the integrations page
- Provide Integration Name, Replication Frequency, and History. Integration name would be used in creating tables for the integration and cannot be changed later
- You will be redirected to Exotel log in for authorizing Daton to extract data periodically
- Post successful authentication, you will be prompted to choose from the list of available Exotel accounts
- Select required tables from the available list of tables
- Then select all required fields for each table
- Submit the integration
Here are more reasons to explore Daton for Exotel to Snowflake Integration
- Faster integration – Exotel to Snowflake is one of the integrations Daton can handle very conveniently and seamlessly. By following few steps you can easily connect Exotel to Snowflake.
- Low Effort & Zero Maintenance – Daton automatically takes care of all the data replication processes and infrastructure once you sign up for a Daton account and configure the data sources. No need to manage infrastructure or write manual code.
- Data consistency guarantee and an incredibly friendly customer support team ensure you can leave the data engineering to Daton and focus on analysis and insights!
- Enterprise-grade data pipeline at an unbeatable price to help every business become data-driven. Get started with a single integration today for just $10 and scale up as your data needs grow.
- Robust Scheduling Options: This allows you to schedule jobs based on their requirements using a simple configuration step.
- Support for all major cloud data warehouses including Google BigQuery, Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse, PostgreSQL, and more.
- Flexible loading options allow to you optimize data loading behavior to maximize storage utilization and ease of querying.
- Enterprise-grade encryption gives your peace of mind
- Support for 100+ data sources – In addition to Exotel, Daton can extract data from a varied range of sources such as Sales and Marketing applications, Databases, Analytics platforms, Payment platforms, and much more.
Daton gives you a hassle-free way to replicate your Exotel data to Snowflake without having your developers write and maintain code.