What are user behaviour tags?
Users who visit your site leave a trail of activity behind for you to review, analyse, and optimize. Well, not if you have not explicitly configured your systems to capture this data and the context in which the data is created. Listed below are just some examples of user behaviour tags that can be captured and used to improve conversions on your site.
- Coupon application
- Images of products viewed
- Engagement with product variant selectors
- Clicking on a banner image
- Checking out reviews on the site
- Scroll tracking to understand engagement
- And many more!
What are marketing tags?
- Marketing tags contain important contextual information that a marketing platform can utilize to run campaigns. Information may include product details, inventory availability, variant details, subscription duration, and many other key metrics that when passed can really uplift your marketing performance.
- For example, for a subscription business, a customer who subscribes for a 3-month subscription plan need not be targeted with FB ads for the same product because they already are a subscriber. But, how would FB know that the customer is on a 3-month subscription plan if we don’t share this information in the marketing tag?
- There are many use cases like the one mentioned above that can really transform your marketing results.
What is the impact of broken tags?
- Tags play a critical role in optimizing marketing campaigns and conversions on your eCommerce site. A broken tagging engine can lead to revenue losses due to
- Ineffective campaigns
- Incorrect products advertised in remarketing campaigns
- Inaccurate attribution
- Ineffective audience segmentation
- Incorrect reporting
- Inadequate information sent to marketing platforms
- Missed optimization opportunities on campaigns
- Missed optimization opportunities on the site
- Inadequate tagging on your site also impacts decision making because campaign performance cannot be accurately measured. This can be detrimental to a growing business.
How do you limit broken tags?
- Consistent oversight is the only way to ensure your digital foundations, i.e. digital analytics data and tags, are relevant and capture essential data.
- As your trusted analytics partner, we ensure that your tags stay relevant despite changes in your business, marketing, or website.
We can also help you use this data to improve conversions on your site.
Saras Analytics team has good understanding of data analytics. They approach any problem by going to its core. They are dedicated and have good response time. We started working with them to make some fixes in Google Analytics. This led to them working on the reporting and insight generation projects. They also helped us with the creation of standardised reports on customer, product and campaign analysis.
Vice President, Marketing
We were facing a challenge in correctly attributing sales, conversion and other metrics to the right acquisition channels. We partnered with Saras Analytics to do a thorough audit of our Google Analytics setup and help us correctly set up our Google Tag Manager for our account. With their help, we are now able to correctly map the relevant events of our users as they navigate on our website in their shopping journey. I recommend the Saras Analytics team for their thorough understanding of GA and GTM and for always being approachable in helping us solve our problems.
Chief Executive Officer
“ We migrated our website hbrascend.org to a single page application and were facing issues with data inaccuracy in Google Analytics. We hired Saras Analytics to help us set up our Google Analytics and extract more value out of our data. We’re very pleased with the results as we are now able to accurately measure the user journey and behavior and are able to make data backed decisions to further enhance the user experience. I strongly recommend Saras Analytics for their expertise in web analytics and a keen business sense for very high quality of deliverables.”
Marketing & Analytics Head, HBR Ascend
“ I have had the opportunity to Work with Saras Analytics with 2 firms that I have been a part of Kalkifashion.com and Vistarooms.com. We were facing attribution issues at both the firms where Google Analytics was reporting wrong data and Google tag manager also was not set up properly. They helped us set this up at both the organisations. They helped us in setting up enhanced E-commerce & custom events and fixing data quality issues which provided more visibility into user behavior and website performance. They are not only the best in the industry for Analytics but they try and understand your business and help you grow. I also love the Customer service they give they are always there to help you out and extremely prompt when you are faced with a challenge. I would highly recommend them to everyone facing Attribution issues or who wants to set up a Dashboard to measure all their Business KPIS.”