Google Drive to Amazon Redshift – Made Easy
Replicate Google Drive to Amazon Redshift in minutes
Are you planning to transfer your data from Google Drive to Amazon Redshift? You can migrate data easily using an efficient ETL tool: Daton.
Businesses today generate huge amounts of data and this data is scattered across different systems and applications. Companies want to move this data to a single location or warehouse for easy access and seamless analysis. Compiling all of this data together in a robust and scalable data warehouse like Redshift is necessary to get a clear picture of the business processes.
Replicating your data from Google Drive to Amazon Redshift will ensure all your critical data is consolidated in a single place. Bringing your key sales, marketing, and customer data stored in Google Drive to Redshift is the right step towards building a robust analytical infrastructure. For companies who are used to querying transactional databases, Redshift can handle data volumes with ease. Queries on millions (or even billions) of rows return in milliseconds instead of minutes or hours.
Let’s see how you can move your Google Drive data to Redshift with two approaches and which ones suit the best considering the efforts and resources available.
Why integrate Google Drive with Amazon Redshift?
Replicating your Google Drive data to the Redshift data warehouse improves the performance of your SQL queries and generates custom real-time reports and dashboards. Integrating your Google drive data with Redshift will break down data silos and create a single, complete picture of your business. You can then apply BI and analytics tools to create data visualizations and dashboards to derive and share actionable insights from your data. With Google Drive Redshift integration, you can not only automate the internal processes but you can gain insight into actionable metrics and automate tedious tasks to better serve your customers.
Google Drive Overview
Google Drive is a file storage and synchronization service developed by Google. It can serve as a backup solution or as a way to free up space on your device. It is a cloud-based storage solution that allows you to save files online and access them anywhere from any device. Using a cloud storage service like Google Drive has plenty of advantages, such as easier file sharing and having a remote location to backup your files.
Redshift is a fast, fully managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse service offered by the Amazon ecosystem. It takes full advantage of Amazon’s cloud server infrastructure which makes it simple and cost-effective to efficiently analyze all your data using SQL and your existing business intelligence tools. Amazon Redshift offers the performance, speed, and scalability required to address your data warehousing and ETL needs. Redshift’s parallel processing and compressions reduce the execution time and deliver faster results.
How to replicate Google Drive to Redshift?
Here’s an overview of the two approaches you can use to replicate Google Drive data to Redshift. This will allow you to evaluate the pros and cons of both and choose the one that best suits your requirement.
Build your own data pipeline
This process needs a lot of experience and consumes a lot of time and manpower. The chances of errors are more due to multiple integrated steps one after the other. You need to extract data using Google Drive APIs & then connect it properly with the Redshift data warehouse. This whole process to build a custom data pipeline requires regular intervention that makes it cumbersome.
Use Daton to integrate Google Drive and Redshift
Integrating Google Drive and Redshift with Daton is the fastest & easiest way to save your time and effort. Leveraging a cloud data pipeline like Daton significantly simplifies and accelerates the time it takes to build automated reporting.
Configuring data replication on Daton only takes a few minutes and a few clicks. Your analysts do not have to write any code or manage any infrastructure, yet you can get access to Google Drive data in a few hours.
Daton’s simple and easy-to-use interface allows analysts and developers to use UI elements to configure data replication from Google Drive data into Redshift.
Daton takes care of:
- Rate limits
- Historical data load
- Incremental data load
- Table creation, deletion, and reloads
- Refreshing access tokens
and many more important functions for data analysts to focus on analysis rather than worrying about the data replication process.
Steps to integrate Google Drive with Daton
- Sign in to Daton
- Select Google Drive from the integrations page
- Provide Integration Name, Replication Frequency, and History. Integration name would be used in creating tables for the integration and cannot be changed later
- You will be redirected to Google Drive log in for authorizing Daton to extract data periodically
- Post successful authentication, you will be prompted to choose from the list of available Google Drive accounts
- Select required tables from the available list of tables
- Then select all required fields for each table
- Submit the integration
Here are more reasons to explore Daton for Google Drive to Redshift Integration
- Faster integration – Google Drive to Redshift is one of the integrations Daton can handle very conveniently and seamlessly. By following a few steps you can easily connect Google Drive to Redshift.
- Low Effort & Zero Maintenance – Daton automatically takes care of all the data replication processes and infrastructure once you sign up for a Daton account and configure the data sources. No need to manage infrastructure or write manual code.
- Data consistency guarantee and an incredibly friendly customer support team ensure you can leave the data engineering to Daton and focus on analysis and insights!
- Enterprise-grade data pipeline at an unbeatable price to help every business become data-driven. Get started with a single integration today for just $10 and scale up as your data needs grow.
- Robust Scheduling Options: This allows you to schedule jobs based on their requirements using a simple configuration step.
- Support for all major cloud data warehouses including Google BigQuery, Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse, PostgreSQL, and more.
- Flexible loading options allow you to optimize data loading behavior to maximize storage utilization and ease of querying.
- Enterprise-grade encryption gives your peace of mind
- Support for 100+ data sources – In addition to Google Drive, Daton can extract data from a varied range of sources such as Sales and Marketing applications, Databases, Analytics platforms, Payment platforms, and much more.
Daton’s Google Drive Redshift integration makes it easy and hassle-free to migrate your data with an error-free, fully managed setup.