Amazon Aurora to Redshift – Made Easy
Replicate Amazon Aurora to Redshift in minutes
Your business data needs to flow across various systems and departments within an enterprise to make it more efficient. If you are Amazon Aurora for running transactional queries on your data and now want to analyze it with business intelligence tools, Redshift is your solution. Amazon Redshift is an efficient solution to collect and store all your data and enables you to analyze it more deeply. To have an in-depth analysis of your Aurora data along with data from various sources, moving your data to Redshift is a sensible decision. Replicating your data from Aurora to Amazon Redshift allows you to focus on the right business projects and opportunities instead of worrying about the availability of data.
In this article, we will see how you can move your Amazon Aurora data to Redshift with two approaches and which ones suit the best for your businesses considering the efforts and resources available.
Why replicate Amazon Aurora to Redshift?
Running analytical queries on Aurora databases can have a severe impact on the performance of the database. Integrating your Amazon Aurora data with redshift is an essential step towards building a faster and integrated analytics solution and also helps you to create a comprehensive backup of your data for future analysis. This will not only help you analyze your data and find unique insights but also deploy machine learning and business intelligence capabilities to make the most of your data. Also, once you move your Aurora data to Redshift you can easily combine this data with other tools and applications to perform on-demand analytics and serve customers better.
Amazon Aurora Overview
Amazon Aurora is a relational database that’s compatible with MySQL and PostgreSQL. It is developed and offered by Amazon Web Services (AWS). Aurora provides users with performance metrics, such as query throughput and latency. It is built for the cloud, which combines the performance and availability of traditional enterprise databases with the simplicity and cost-effectiveness of open source databases. Aurora is also self-healing, meaning it performs automatic error scans of data blocks and disks.
Amazon Redshift is a fully-managed, petabyte-scale, cloud-based data warehouse developed by Amazon. It was designed for the storage and analysis of petabyte-scale data. Its most prominent features are flexible querying of data with Structured Query Language (including big data), queries support, near-unlimited agile scalability, automation maintenance tasks, comprehensive security capabilities, and much more. Redshift is only one of the cloud data solutions Amazon offers which fully integrates with other solutions within the larger AWS ecosystem.
How to replicate Amazon Aurora to Amazon Redshift?
Here are two approaches you can use to replicate Amazon Aurora data to Redshift. This will allow you to evaluate the pros and cons of both and choose the one that best suits your requirement.
Build your own data pipeline
This process needs a lot of experience and consumes a lot of time and manpower. The chances of errors are more due to multiple integrated steps one after the other. You need to extract data using Amazon Aurora APIs & then connect it properly with the Redshift data warehouse. This whole process to build a custom data pipeline requires regular intervention that makes it cumbersome.
Use Daton to integrate Amazon Aurora to Amazon Redshift
Integrating Amazon Aurora to Redshift with Daton is the fastest & easiest way to save your time and efforts. Leveraging a cloud data pipeline like Daton significantly simplifies and accelerates the time it takes to build automated reporting.
Configuring data replication on Daton only takes a few minutes and a few clicks. Your analysts do not have to write any code or manage any infrastructure, yet you can get access to Amazon Aurora data in a few hours.
Daton’s simple and easy-to-use interface allows analysts and developers to use UI elements to configure data replication from Amazon Aurora to Redshift.
Daton takes care of:
- Rate limits
- Historical data load
- Incremental data load
- Table creation, deletion, and reloads
- Refreshing access tokens
and many more important functions for data analysts to focus on analysis rather than worrying about data migration.
Steps to integrate Amazon Aurora with Daton
- Sign in to Daton
- Select Amazon Aurora from the integrations page
- Provide Integration Name, Replication Frequency, and History. Integration name would be used in creating tables for the integration and cannot be changed later
- You will be redirected to Amazon Aurora login for authorizing Daton to extract data periodically
- Post successful authentication, you will be prompted to choose from the list of available Amazon Aurora accounts
- Select required tables from the available list of tables
- Then select all required fields for each table
- Submit the integration
Here are more reasons to explore Daton for Amazon Aurora to Redshift Integration
- Faster integration – Amazon Aurora to Redshift is one of the integrations Daton can handle very conveniently and seamlessly. By following a few steps you can easily connect Amazon Aurora to Redshift.
- Low Effort & Zero Maintenance – Daton automatically takes care of all the data replication processes and infrastructure once you sign up for a Daton account and configure the data sources. No need to manage infrastructure or write manual code.
- Data consistency guarantee and an incredibly friendly customer support team ensure you can leave the data engineering to Daton and focus on analysis and insights!
- Enterprise-grade data pipeline at an unbeatable price to help every business become data-driven. Get started with a single integration today for just $10 and scale up as your data needs grow.
- Robust Scheduling Options: This allows you to schedule jobs based on their requirements using a simple configuration step.
- Support for all major cloud data warehouses including Google BigQuery, Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse, PostgreSQL, and more.
- Flexible loading options allow you to optimize data loading behavior to maximize storage utilization and ease of querying.
- Enterprise-grade encryption gives your peace of mind
- Support for 100+ data sources – In addition to Amazon Aurora, Daton can extract data from a varied range of sources such as Sales and Marketing applications, Databases, Analytics platforms, Payment platforms, and much more.
With Daton as a part of your infrastructure, your analytics and output will always reflect the most relevant metrics in the fastest way possible.