Amazon Aurora to BigQuery – Made Easy
Replicate Amazon Aurora to BigQuery in minutes
For better business intelligence, decision-makers are looking to analyze massive amounts of data along with other marketing efforts. Aurora primarily being used as a transactional or operational database has its limitations. In order to get tangible insights from Amazon Aurora data, you would need to move this data to a highly scalable enterprise data warehouse like Google BigQuery. Replicate your Amazon Aurora data to BigQuery to improve the performance of your SQL queries at scale and generate custom analytical reports and dashboards.
The article provides an overview of Amazon Aurora and BigQuery and explains what it takes to build and set up your data pipeline. And at the end, this article will take you through why it might be worth the investment to have an ETL cloud-based data pipeline like Daton.
Why integrate Amazon Aurora into BigQuery?
Transactional databases like Aurora are optimized for reading and writing rows of data quickly. But running analytical queries on such a large data set usually slows down the database. Integrating your Amazon Aurora data to BigQuery will allow you to handle scaling data sets and analytical queries which will aid in deeper analysis. Moreover, when your data is spread between various applications, it is difficult to consolidate and analyze this data with Amazon Aurora which may result in poor analysis and performance. A data warehouse solution like Google BigQuery can host data from multiple data sources and allow your teams to focus proactively on understanding customers and improving your product.
Amazon Aurora Overview
Amazon Aurora is a MySQL and PostgreSQL-compatible relational database built for the cloud, that combines the performance and availability of traditional enterprise databases with the simplicity and cost-effectiveness of open source databases. It is fully managed by Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS), which automates and standardizes database clustering and replication, which are typically among the most challenging aspects of database configuration and administration. With some workloads, Aurora can deliver up to five times the throughput of MySQL and up to three times the throughput of PostgreSQL without requiring changes to most of your existing applications.
BigQuery is a fully managed, serverless data warehouse that enables scalable analysis over petabytes of data. It is a Platform as a Service (PaaS) that enables super-fast SQL queries against using the processing power of Google’s infrastructure. It also has built-in machine learning capabilities. BigQuery is a fast, powerful, and flexible data warehouse helping you securely and cost-effectively process relevant data and turn it into actionable insights for your business.
How to replicate Amazon Aurora to BigQuery?
Here are two approaches you can use to replicate Amazon Aurora data to BigQuery. This will allow you to evaluate the pros and cons of both and choose the one that best suits your requirement.
Build your own data pipeline
This process needs a lot of experience and consumes a lot of time and manpower. The chances of errors are more due to multiple integrated steps to be executed one after the other. You need to extract data using Amazon Aurora APIs & then connect it properly with the BigQuery data warehouse. This whole process to build a custom data pipeline requires regular intervention that makes it cumbersome.
Use Daton to integrate Amazon Aurora to BigQuery
Integrating Amazon Aurora to BigQuery with Daton is the fastest & easiest way to save your time and efforts. Leveraging a cloud data pipeline like Daton significantly simplifies and accelerates the time it takes to build automated reporting.
Configuring data replication on Daton only takes a few minutes and a few clicks. Your analysts do not have to write any code or manage any infrastructure, yet you can get access to Amazon Aurora data in a few hours.
Daton’s simple and easy-to-use interface allows analysts and developers to use UI elements to configure data replication from Amazon Aurora to BigQuery.
Daton takes care of:
- Rate limits
- Historical data load
- Incremental data load
- Table creation, deletion, and reloads
- Refreshing access tokens
and many more important functions for data analysts to focus on analysis rather than worrying about the data replication.
Steps to integrate Amazon Aurora with Daton
- Sign in to Daton
- Select Amazon Aurora from the integrations page
- Provide Integration Name, Replication Frequency, and History. Integration name would be used in creating tables for the integration and cannot be changed later
- You will be redirected to Amazon Aurora login for authorizing Daton to extract data periodically
- Post successful authentication, you will be prompted to choose from the list of available Amazon Aurora accounts
- Select required tables from the available list of tables
- Then select all required fields for each table
- Submit the integration
Here are more reasons to explore Daton for Amazon Aurora to BigQuery Integration
- Faster integration – Amazon Aurora to BigQuery is one of the integrations Daton can handle very conveniently and seamlessly. By following a few steps you can easily connect Amazon Aurora to BigQuery.
- Low Effort & Zero Maintenance – Daton automatically takes care of all the data replication processes and infrastructure once you sign up for a Daton account and configure the data sources. No need to manage infrastructure or write manual code.
- Data consistency guarantee and an incredibly friendly customer support team ensure you can leave the data engineering to Daton and focus on analysis and insights!
- Enterprise-grade data pipeline at an unbeatable price to help every business become data-driven. Get started with a single integration today for just $10 and scale up as your data needs grow.
- Robust Scheduling Options: This allows you to schedule jobs based on their requirements using a simple configuration step.
- Support for all major cloud data warehouses including Google BigQuery, Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse, PostgreSQL, and more.
- Flexible loading options allow you to optimize data loading behavior to maximize storage utilization and ease of querying.
- Enterprise-grade encryption gives your peace of mind
- Support for 100+ data sources – In addition to Amazon Aurora, Daton can extract data from a varied range of sources such as Sales and Marketing applications, Databases, Analytics platforms, Payment platforms, and much more.
Using Daton’s, you can ETL data from Aurora to BigQuery in a matter of minutes, start generating insights that matter, and easily integrate this data with other data sources to make it even more valuable.