Google Ads to BigQuery – Made Easy
Connect Google Ads to BigQuery in minutes
If you are using Google Ads or AdWords, leveraging the data provided by Google Ads offers you a great way to measure your target audiences. But the huge amount of raw data provided by Google Analytics makes further performance tracking a complex and time-consuming task. Nowadays, cloud-based solutions have made it easier and cheaper for digital advertisers to access, analyze, and report this data at scale. Replicate your Google Ads data to BigQuery and make the necessary ads data available at your fingertips. Google Analytics and BigQuery integration will help you build reports as detailed as you want without being limited by Google Analytics’s platform restrictions, combine data with Google Analytics and other CRM to assess the effectiveness of campaigns, and calculate your ROI. In this article, we will see different approaches on how can you integrate Google Ads data to BigQuery.
Why integrate Google Ads to BigQuery?
Google Ads has emerged as one of the most popular advertising platforms for businesses. It provides an array of options for advertisement content, visuals, and custom configuration so that businesses can target the right audience and at the right time. Though Google allows advertisers to analyze their advertising campaigns with accuracy but getting granular insights from this data to compare it with other data sources becomes crucial. However, it becomes important to integrate your Google Ads data into a scalable cloud-based data warehouse like Google BigQuery. Google BigQuery acts as a powerful piece for modern advertisers and marketers looking to have a 360-degree view of their advertising and marketing efforts.
Google Ads Overview
Google Ads is the largest online advertising platform that allows advertisers to display their ads on Google’s search engine results page. The Google AdWords marketplace work like an auction where people bid for clicks for the keywords advertisers want to target. The platform runs on pay-per-click (PPC) advertising that is you have to pay every time a visitor clicks your ad. Google Ads allows businesses to target users on two main networks – the search and display network.
Google BigQuery is a cloud-based data warehouse service introduced by Google. It is a REST-based web service that allows you to run complex analytical SQL-based queries under large sets of data. Additionally, BigQuery is a serverless, highly scalable, and cost-effective multi-cloud data warehouse designed for business agility. Its fast deployment cycle and on-demand pricing make it one of the highly accessible and popular data warehouses.
How to replicate Google Ads to BigQuery?
Here’s an overview of the two approaches you can use to replicate Google Ads data to BigQuery. This will allow you to evaluate the pros and cons of both and choose the one that best suits your requirement.
Build your own data pipeline
This process needs a lot of experience and consumes a lot of time and manpower. The chances of errors are more due to multiple integrated steps to be executed one after the other. You need to extract data using Google Ads APIs & then connect it properly with the BigQuery data warehouse. This whole process to build a custom data pipeline requires regular intervention that makes it cumbersome.
Use Daton to integrate Google Ads and BigQuery
Integrating Google Ads and BigQuery with Daton is the fastest & easiest way to save your time and efforts. Leveraging a cloud data pipeline like Daton significantly simplifies and accelerates the time it takes to build automated reporting.
Configuring data replication on Daton only takes a few minutes and a few clicks. Your analysts do not have to write any code or manage any infrastructure, yet you can get access to Google Ads data in a few hours.
Daton’s simple and easy-to-use interface allows analysts and developers to use UI elements to configure data replication from Google Ads data into BigQuery.
Daton takes care of:
- Rate limits
- Historical data load
- Incremental data load
- Table creation, deletion, and reloads
- Refreshing access tokens
and many more important functions that are required to enable analysts to focus on analysis rather than worrying about the data that is delivered for analysis.
Steps to integrate Google Ads with Daton
- Sign in to Daton
- Select Google Ads from the integrations page
- Provide Integration Name, Replication Frequency, and History. Integration name would be used in creating tables for the integration and cannot be changed later
- You will be redirected to Google Ads log in for authorizing Daton to extract data periodically
- Post successful authentication, you will be prompted to choose from the list of available Google Ads accounts
- Select required tables from the available list of tables
- Then select all required fields for each table
- Submit the integration
Here are more reasons to explore Daton for Google Ads to BigQuery Integration
- Faster integration of Google Ads to BigQuery – Google Ads to BigQuery is one of the integrations Daton can handle very conveniently and seamlessly. By following few steps you can easily connect Google Ads to BigQuery.
- Low Effort & Zero Maintenance – Daton automatically takes care of all the data replication processes and infrastructure once you sign up for a Daton account and configure the data sources. No need to manage infrastructure or write manual code.
- Data consistency guarantee and an incredibly friendly customer support team ensure you can leave the data engineering to Daton and focus on analysis and insights!
- Enterprise-grade data pipeline at an unbeatable price to help every business become data-driven. Get started with a single integration today for just $10 and scale up as your data needs grow.
- Robust Scheduling Options: allows you to schedule jobs based on their requirements using a simple configuration step.
- Support for all major cloud data warehouses including Google BigQuery, Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse, PostgreSQL, and more.
- Flexible loading options allow to you optimize data loading behavior to maximize storage utilization and ease of querying.
- Enterprise-grade encryption gives your peace of mind
- Support for 100+ data sources – In addition to Google Ads, Daton can extract data from a varied range of sources such as Sales and Marketing applications, Databases, Analytics platforms, Payment platforms, and much more.
If your business is spending a huge amount on Google Ads, getting accurate and up-to-date data insights from your Google AdWords accounts is crucial. Daton ensures that your access to this data is never compromised.