Amazon Redshift to BigQuery – Made Easy
Replicate Amazon Redshift to BigQuery in minutes
As your business grows, you start having a deluge of data on traditional databases and your queries start taking a lot of time. Hence, you start looking for a warehousing solution that can store your data in an organized manner and can make it readily accessible for reporting and analytics. BigQuery, a serverless, highly scalable storage solution is built to handle the complexity of modern data-driven marketing.
Replicate your data from Amazon Redshift to BigQuery to pull insights more efficiently and ensure that you have accurate and latest data in your warehouse in a simple, effective, and consistent manner. Integrating Amazon Redshift to BigQuery allows for more systematic and correct analysis. Also, well-structured integration can improve data management and give your data managers better and quicker access to data.
Let’s see how you can move your Amazon Redshift data to BigQuery with two approaches and which ones suit the best for your businesses considering the efforts and resources available.
Why integrate Amazon Redshift with BigQuery?
If you are looking for readily transformed data for analytics, integrating your Amazon Redshift data to BigQuery can offer you easier access to insights and information, speedier decision-making, and the flexibility and agility to handle peak demand. With Amazon Redshift BigQuery integration all your business data is organized in one unified location for data analysts that enable deeper analytics and business intelligence. Once your data is streamlined with a high-performance cloud warehouse like BigQuery, you can run anything from complex ad-hoc queries to standard reporting, and easily combine Redshift data with other sources.
Amazon Redshift Overview
Amazon Redshift is a fully-managed, petabyte-scale, cloud-based data warehouse developed by Amazon. It was designed for the storage and analysis of petabyte-scale data. Its most prominent features are flexible querying of data with Structured Query Language (including big data), queries support, near-unlimited agile scalability, automation maintenance tasks, comprehensive security capabilities, and much more. Redshift is only one of the cloud data solutions Amazon offers which fully integrates with other solutions within the larger AWS ecosystem.
BigQuery is a cloud-based data warehouse service introduced by Google. It leverages Google’s existing cloud architecture, as well as different data, ingest models that allow for more dynamic data storage and warehousing. BigQuery is a REST-based web service that allows you to run complex analytical SQL-based queries under large sets of data. It is a serverless, highly scalable, and cost-effective cloud data warehouse designed for business agility. BigQuery is a powerful tool for business intelligence and it offers analytics capabilities to organizations of all sizes.
How to replicate Amazon Redshift to BigQuery?
Here are two approaches you can use to replicate Amazon Redshift data to BigQuery. This will allow you to evaluate the pros and cons of both and choose the one that best suits your requirement.
Build your own data pipeline
This process needs a lot of experience and consumes a lot of time and manpower. The chances of errors are more due to multiple integrated steps one after the other. You need to extract data using Amazon Redshift APIs & then connect it properly with the BigQuery data warehouse. This whole process to build a custom data pipeline requires regular intervention that makes it cumbersome.
Use Daton to integrate Amazon Redshift to BigQuery
Integrating Amazon Redshift to BigQuery with Daton is the fastest & easiest way to save your time and efforts. Leveraging a cloud data pipeline like Daton significantly simplifies and accelerates the time it takes to build automated reporting.
Configuring data replication on Daton only takes a few minutes and a few clicks. Your analysts do not have to write any code or manage any infrastructure, yet you can get access to Amazon Redshift data in a few hours.
Daton’s simple and easy-to-use interface allows analysts and developers to use UI elements to configure data replication from Amazon Redshift to BigQuery.
Daton takes care of:
- Rate limits
- Historical data load
- Incremental data load
- Table creation, deletion, and reloads
- Refreshing access tokens
and many more important functions for data analysts to focus on analysis rather than worrying about the data replication process.
Steps to integrate Amazon Redshift with Daton
- Sign in to Daton
- Select Amazon Redshift from the integrations page
- Provide Integration Name, Replication Frequency, and History. Integration name would be used in creating tables for the integration and cannot be changed later
- You will get redirects to Amazon Redshift log in for authorizing Daton to extract data periodically
- Post successful authentication, you will get prompts to choose from the list of available Amazon Redshift accounts
- Select required tables from the available list of tables
- Then select all required fields for each table
- Submit the integration
Here are more reasons to explore Daton for Amazon Redshift to BigQuery Integration
- Faster integration – Amazon Redshift to BigQuery is one of the integrations Daton can handle very conveniently and seamlessly. By following a few steps you can easily connect Amazon Redshift to BigQuery.
- Low Effort & Zero Maintenance – Daton automatically takes care of all the data replication processes and infrastructure once you sign up for a Daton account and configure the data sources. No need to manage infrastructure or write manual code.
- Data consistency guarantee and an incredibly friendly customer support team ensure you can leave the data engineering to Daton and focus on analysis and insights!
- Enterprise-grade data pipeline at an unbeatable price to help every business become data-driven. Get started with a single integration today for just $10 and scale up as your data needs grow.
- Robust Scheduling Options: This allows you to schedule jobs based on their requirements using a simple configuration step.
- Support for all major cloud data warehouses including Google BigQuery, Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse, PostgreSQL, and more.
- Flexible loading options allow you to optimize data loading behavior to maximize storage utilization and ease of querying.
- Enterprise-grade encryption gives your peace of mind
- Support for 100+ data sources – In addition to Amazon Redshift, Daton can extract data from a varied range of sources such as Sales and Marketing applications, Databases, Analytics platforms, Payment platforms, and much more.
Having a no-code, zero maintenance cloud data pipeline like Daton helps you to ETL your Amazon Redshift data to BigQuery with zero database downtime, zero data loss, and feeds data with full context.