Shopify to Amazon Redshift – Made Easy
Replicate Shopify to Amazon Redshift in minutes
Are you looking for a quick way to transfer data from Shopify to Amazon Redshift? You can perform this data migration easily using an effective ETL tool: Daton.
For the complex cross-platform journey of a customer in eCommerce platforms, sellers stay confused while deciding which channels they want to sell or spend their advertising budget. To optimize the business and reduce losses, they need to understand the demand and supply trends, maximize revenue and offer a seamless customer experience. It becomes essential for businesses to tally the data from other business tools such as customer support platforms, website, inventory management, payment gateways, CRMs. These data need to be consolidated in a data warehouse like Redshift and analyzed to have a complete understanding of the business. Let us discuss why Shopify data is important for your business and how to access all those data in Amazon Redshift without writing a single line of code.
Why integrate Shopify to Amazon Redshift?
An e-Commerce company uses Shopify for its Online Stores and might also sell its products in different countries. It will use various marketing platforms, logistic channels, inventory management systems, payment gateways and target audiences in each country. The company can calculate the overall profit by:
Profits/Losses = Sales – Expenses
Shopify will have the sales data, having multiple data silos for different countries. Expenses will be obtained from the marketing costs in advertising platforms. There can be other expenses which will come from logistic, inventory management, payment or accounting softwares. Data consolidation from different softwares for each country separately can be challenging if done manually. Thus, data analysis for this data load usually involves a time lag, which reduces the analysis’s accuracy and effectiveness. Simplify this data transfer by loading all relevant data in a data warehouse like Amazon Redshift using an ETL tool. Daton is an automated ETL tool which will quickly fetch data from Shopify into Amazon Redshift without you writing any code.
Shopify is a fully-hosted eCommerce website builder designed to build a scalable online store without technical knowledge. It boasts a wide range of features, an easy-to-use interface and excellent customer service with tons of apps that natively support it. Shopify is the most popular eCommerce platform for SMBs. In addition to allowing its users to build an online store, Shopify has social media selling tools, and it integrates with marketplaces like Amazon. The solution also has payment capabilities that enable merchants to accept credit cards directly from Shopify.
Amazon Redshift Overview
Amazon Redshift is the most popular data warehouse to offer a cloud-native, petabyte-scale service. The software provides a query engine for all users allowing SQL based querying and a host of business intelligence tools to connect with the service. Amazon Redshift is built on a scalable infrastructure, supports big data and massive workloads. The powerful management console enables connections from any SQL client. Amazon Redshift service also supports REST APIs allowing developers to work in real-time with simple API calls.
How to replicate Shopify to Amazon Redshift?
There are two ways in which you can replicate Shopify to Amazon Redshift warehouse.
Build Your data pipeline – Building an in-house data pipeline needs a lot of experience, time and manpower with higher chances of errors. You need to extract data using Shopify APIs & then connect it properly with the Amazon Redshift data warehouse.
Use Daton to integrate Shopify & Amazon Redshift – Using Daton to integrate Shopify & Amazon Redshift is the fastest & easiest way to save your time and efforts. Leveraging a cloud data pipeline like Daton simplifies and accelerates the time to build automated reporting to a great extent.
Configuring data replication on Daton on only takes a few minutes and a few clicks. Analysts do not have to write any code or manage any infrastructure, yet they can get access to their Amazon ads data in a few hours. Daton’s simple and easy to use interface allows analysts and developers to use UI elements to configure data replication from Shopify data into Amazon Redshift.
Daton takes care of:
- Rate limits,
- Table creation, deletion & reloads
- Refreshing access tokens,
- Historical data load,
- Incremental data load,
and many more important functions that are required to enable analysts to focus on analysis rather than worry about the data that is delivered for analysis.
Steps to Integrate Shopify with Daton
- Sign in to Daton
- Select Shopify from Integrations page
- Provide Integration Name, Replication Frequency, and History. Integration name would be used in creating tables for the integration and cannot be changed later
- You will be redirected to Shopify login for authorizing Daton to extract data periodically
- Post successful authentication, you will be prompted to choose from the list of available Shopify Ad accounts
- Select required tables from the available list of tables
- Then select all required fields for each table
- Submit the integration
Here are more reasons to explore Daton for Shopify to Amazon Redshift Integration
- Faster Integration of Shopify to Amazon Redshift– Shopify to Amazon Redshift is one of the integrations Daton can handle very fast and seamlessly. By following few steps, you can easily connect Shopify to Amazon Redshift.
- Robust Scheduling Options: allows you to schedule jobs based on their requirements using a simple configuration step.
- Low Effort & Zero Maintenance – Daton automatically takes care of all the data replication processes and infrastructure once you sign up for a Daton account and configure the data sources. There is no infrastructure to manage or no code to write.
- Data consistency guarantee and an incredibly friendly customer support team ensure you can leave the data engineering to Daton and focus instead of analysis and insights!
- Enterprise grade data pipeline at an unbeatable price to help every business become data driven. Get started with a single integration today for just $10 and scale up as your demands increase.
- Support for all major cloud data warehouses including Google BigQuery, Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse, PostgreSQL and more.
- Flexible loading options allows to you optimize data loading behavior to maximize storage utilization and easy of querying.
- Enterprise grade encryption gives your peace of mind
- Support for 100+ data sources – In addition to Shopify, Daton can extract data from a varied range of sources such as Sales and Marketing applications, Databases, Analytics platforms, Payment platforms and much more. Daton will ensure that you have a way to bring any data to Amazon Redshift and generate relevant insights.