Amazon DSP to Amazon Redshift -Made Easy
Replicate Amazon DSP to Amazon Redshift in minute
Amazon DSP is the demand-side platform that helps advertisers to buy video and ad placements programmatically. DSP shows which creative ad placement receives the most customer traffic and evaluates the customer retention rate. This platform generates several data such as Impressions, Cost, Clicks, Average CPC, Conversions, CTR by Ad Groups, CTR by Campaigns, Cost Per Conversion. So, consolidate all these data into a robust and scalable data warehouse like Amazon Redshift. Replicating your Amazon DSP data to Amazon Redshift will improve your business performance. This article presents an overview of Amazon DSP and Amazon Redshift integration. Above all, there are two different approaches to replicate your data. So, you can decide which method suits best for your business.
Why integrate Amazon DSP to Amazon Redshift?
To understand the need for data integration, let us take a simple case. In this case, a seller calculates the overall business profits with this profit/loss formula:
Profits/Losses = Sales – Expenses.
The seller can acquire the sales data from the Amazon seller-central reports. Similarly, he can collect the marketing expense data from the Amazon DSP dashboard. And there are other costs to consider, like warehousing, making, and shipping costs. However, Amazon DSP focuses on marketing data. Therefore, the final equation for profit/loss is:
Profits/Losses = (sales data from seller central – marketing expense incurred in Amazon DSP Ads).
Now, once the seller collects the sales and expense data, he will export these data to tools like Excel for further data analysis. However, if analysts pull data manually from different sources to software for evaluation, there are high chances of making errors. The seller might be using other marketing platforms like Google Ads, YouTube Ads, or Facebook Ads. So, collecting data from multiple apps will be time-consuming and lead to time lag. Therefore, analysts may not be able to produce real-time reports.
Sellers are spending a big budget on data analysis and reporting; they certainly want to see all of their data in one place. Data integration in a robust data warehouse like Redshift will provide a clear understanding of multiple aspects of your business. The consolidated data will let you analyze data in different categories like sales, expenses, total profit/loss and inventory.
Amazon DSP Overview
Amazon DSP is a demand-side platform. This platform helps sellers, advertisers to programmatically buy display, audio ads and video, and both on and off Amazon. The platform provides a marketing platform to those online sellers who constantly seek different ways to optimize their conversion rates. Above all, DSP also assists sellers to increase customer acquisition and retention rates. In addition, Amazon DSP supports you to advertise your products all over the web with high-quality audio and video product display ads.
Amazon Redshift Overview
Amazon Redshift is a famous data warehouse that offers a cloud-native, petabyte-scale service. The software offers a query engine for all users permitting SQL based querying. It also provides a host of business intelligence tools to connect with the service. Amazon Redshift has a scalable infrastructure. This data warehouse supports big data and massive workloads. Above all, the robust, efficient management console supports connections from any SQL client. Amazon Redshift service also provides REST APIs that permits developers to work in real-time with simple API calls. Business intelligence and visualization tools are easily compatible with Amazon Redshift.
How to replicate Amazon DSP to Amazon Redshift?
Here are two approaches you can use to replicate Amazon DSP data to Amazon Redshift. This will allow you to evaluate the pros and cons of both and choose the one that best suits your requirement.
Build your own data pipeline
This process needs a lot of experience and consumes a lot of time and manpower. The chances of errors are more due to multiple integrated steps to be executed one after the other. You need to extract data using Amazon DSP APIs & then connect it properly with the Redshift data warehouse. This whole process to build a custom data pipeline requires regular intervention that makes it cumbersome.
Use Daton to integrate Amazon DSP to Amazon Redshift
Integrating Amazon DSP to Redshift with Daton is the fastest & easiest way to save your time and efforts. Leveraging a cloud data pipeline like Daton significantly simplifies and accelerates the time it takes to build automated reporting.
Configuring data replication on Daton only takes a few minutes and a few clicks. Your analysts do not have to write any code or manage any infrastructure, yet you can get access to Amazon DSP data in a few hours.
Daton’s simple and easy-to-use interface allows analysts and developers to use UI elements to configure data replication from Amazon DSP to Amazon Redshift.
Daton takes care of:
- Rate limits
- Historical data load
- Incremental data load
- Table creation, deletion, and reloads
- Refreshing access tokens
and many more important functions for data analysts to focus on analysis rather than worrying about data replication.
Steps to integrate Amazon DSP with Daton
- Sign in to Daton.
- Select Amazon DSP from the integrations page.
- Provide Integration Name, Replication Frequency, and History. Integration name would be used in creating tables for the integration and cannot be changed later.
- You will be redirected to Amazon DSP log in for authorizing Daton to extract data periodically.
- Post successful authentication, you will be prompted to choose from the list of available Amazon DSP accounts.
- Select required tables from the available list of tables.
- Then select all required fields for each table.
- Submit the integration.
Here are more reasons to explore Daton for Amazon DSP and Amazon Redshift Integration
- Low Effort & Zero Maintenance – Daton automatically takes care of all the data replication processes and infrastructure once you sign up for a Daton account and configure the data sources. No need to manage infrastructure or write manual code.
- Faster integration – Amazon DSP to Amazon Redshift is one of the integrations Daton can handle very conveniently and seamlessly. By following a few steps you can easily connect Amazon DSP to Redshift.
- Enterprise-grade data pipeline at an unbeatable price to help every business become data-driven. Get started with a single integration today for just $10 and scale up as your data needs grow.
- Data consistency guarantee and an incredibly friendly customer support team ensure you can leave the data engineering to Daton and focus on analysis and insights!
- Support for all major cloud data warehouses including Amazon Redshift, Snowflake, Google BigQuery, Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse, PostgreSQL, and more.
- Robust Scheduling Options: This allows you to schedule jobs based on their requirements using a simple configuration step.
- Flexible loading options allow you to optimize data loading behavior to maximize storage utilization and ease of querying.
- Enterprise-grade encryption gives your peace of mind.
- Support for 100+ data sources – In addition to Amazon DSP, Daton can extract data from a varied range of sources such as Sales and Marketing applications, Databases, Analytics platforms, Payment platforms, and much more.
- Daton, a fully managed modern ETL data pipeline gives you a fuss-free means to quickly and easily replicate your data from Amazon DSP to Amazon Redshift.