The data integration tool performs a process where data is moved from the source to the destination. Processes like mapping, data cleansing, data transformation are an integral part of the data integration tool.
The following are the data integration tools types:
- Data Integration on-premise software: integrate data from various on-premise or local data sources. Also, they are installed on a local network or private cloud. The data integration tool uses enhanced native connectors for batch loading from various data sources.
- Data Integration Cloud-based software: offers iPaaS or integration platforms as services that integrate data from various sources into the data warehouse (cloud-based).
- Data Integration open–source software: is the best option for companies to avoid proprietary and potentially expensive enterprise solutions. Also, it is a good choice for businesses that want to have complete control of their data in-house.
- Data Integration proprietary software: The pricing of the proprietary data integration tool varies from open-source tools. It is best suited for large scale companies and is built for specific business use cases.
How to Choose the Best Data Integration Tools
Companies should keep specific points in mind while choosing the right data integration tool. Below are the following tips that will help businesses, and they are:
- With the growing business, the complexity of data integration strategy also expands. In such a situation, business teams keep adding various web-based applications to manage your data, which becomes challenging to handle later on. Therefore, choose software that can quickly expand to accommodate the growing data sources.
- Customer data grows with time. Make sure to choose a data integration software that can be easily scaled up and down according to the need.
- When companies are spending a data integration tool, they should ensure that the software ensures proper security and compliance and the company or customer data is not compromised.
- There should be a real-time data availability feature in the software to improve the performance of the business without wasting any time. Such data also helps to understand customers better. However, many D.I tools bring data in batches creating a delay of hours. So this is a considerable disadvantage, and companies must get software that provides real-time data.
5 Best Data Integration Tools of 2023
The best 5 data integration tools for businesses are the following:
It is best for hybrid IT architectures. It helps to manage and move the data smoothly.
Essential features of Dell Boomi
- This software supports plenty of application integrations as a service. Big enterprises and SMBs use this software.
- Dell Boomi provides various integration and data management efficiencies. It includes Private-cloud and Public cloud endpoint connectors up to ETL support and the on-premise system.
- This tool allows companies to handle data integration in a central area by a unified reporting portal.
It is an appropriate choice if companies have to deal with a lot of on-premise legacy data sources.
Essential features of Informatica
- This tool is a comprehensive platform that offers data integration, data migration, and validation.
- PowerCenter is broadly used by mid-sized to large-sized businesses.
- Informatica runs simultaneously with a broad list of equivalent products for cloud application integration, extensive data integration, data cleansing, master data management, and other related functions of data management.
Suppose companies are okay with compromising real-time data availability but are trying to cut down on the cost front. In that case, software like Talend, an open-source batch data migration application, is best for such enterprises.
Essential features of Talend
- Talend is the most renowned open-source Data Integration tool in the e-commerce market today.
- This software also has a wide variety of services for advanced data integration, management, and quality. However, an essential job of Talend Open Studio is that it lets companies create a setup for the on-premise, and for cloud ETL jobs using databases like NoSQL, Hadoop, and Spark.
It is open-source software, and it is best for customers who want the best thing at a lesser price. However, Pentaho is a batch data integration tool. And it cannot stream real-time data.
Essential features of Pentaho Data Integration (PDI)
- Pentaho is easy to learn and use.
- This software lets users develop ETL jobs on a graphical interface without writing any code for it.
- This software uses a general, shared repository that allows remote ETL execution, simplifies the development process, and facilitates teamwork. It also supports database replication other than the data integration process.
It is an ETL tool designed for the modern cloud. It can link data from various sources, including Amazon Redshift, Salesforce, Quickbooks, and MongoDB. Xplenty offers a user-friendly way to create data pipelines with the drag and drop system. This system is best for users who aren’t tech-savvy and doesn’t understand coding at all.
Essential features of Xplenty
- This ETL tool offers services like API, Data cleansing, data management, data mapping, collaborative tools, database support, ETL, metadata management, and data replication database support among other services.
- It can integrate with Salesforce Sales Cloud, Google Analytics, Basecamp, Hubspot Marketing Hub, Freshbooks, Hubspot CRM, Pipedrive, Zendesk, and Much More.
Conclusion: Let Daton help you!
Data integration tools help to extract the data from various sources and load it into the data warehouse through a pipeline. Daton is a powerful ETL tool that extract the data from various sources and put it in any popular data warehouse for better data analysis. This helps users to analyze the business operations and also enhance the sales and marketing strategies. Sign up for a trial of Daton Today!