Business Intelligence Engineer
Job Id: BIE001
3+ years of experience delivering business intelligence solutions. Comprehensive, end-to-end understanding of the full DW and BI stack. Exceptional knowledge in SQL, Python and cloud data warehouses like BigQuery, RedShift, and Snowflake.
Primary Job Duties:
We are looking for a hands-on BI engineer who can drive end to end BI projects all the way from data consolidation, data modelling, reporting, and visualization development.
Ideal candidate would have a
- good grasp and expertise in traditional data warehousing technologies
- expertise in more modern data stack and a new way of using ELT to build and operate cloud data warehouses.
What we are NOT looking for:
- Someone who only has expertise building reports/visualizations.
- Business Intelligence and ETL Architect 70%
- Develop the scripts needed for data consolidations, design data models that are scalable and built end to end architectures that solve key business problems.
- Formulates and recommends standards for achieving maximum performance and efficiency of the DW ecosystem.
- Participates in the planning for retirement of systems programs, and migration of systems infrastructure.
- Interview stakeholders and develop BI roadmap for success given project prioritization and budget.
- Evangelize self-service BI and visual discovery while helping to change Excel based culture.
- Work closely with DW manager to ensure prioritization of corporate and departmental objectives and projects.
- Champion data quality, integrity and reliability throughout the department by designing and promoting best practices.
- Team Mentor 30%
- Provide assistance to DW team members with issues needing technical expertise or complex systems and/or programming knowledge. Provide on-the-job training for new or less experienced team members.
- Provide technical training to external team members to foster stronger cross-departmental relations.
Required Skill Set:
- 3+ years of experience delivering business intelligence solutions.
- Comprehensive, end-to-end understanding of the full DW and BI stack.
- Exceptional knowledge in SQL, Python and cloud data warehouses like BigQuery, RedShift, and Snowflake.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Fluent in relational database concepts and flat file processing concepts.
- Must be knowledgeable in software development lifecycles/methodologies i.e. agile
- Has strong presentation and collaboration skills and can communicate all aspects of the job requirements, including the creation of formal documentation.
- Strong problem solving, time management and organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience
Preferred Skill Set:
- Database Technology: BigQuery, Snowflake, Oracle, MySQL
- ETL Technology: Airflow, dBT, SSIS, Talend, CRON scripting, Perl
- BI Technology: Power BI, Tableau, Looker
- Knowledge of E-commerce Industry
- Time series analysis, clustering, decision trees and neural networks
- Master’s Degree Computer Science or Statistic