Walmart to Amazon Redshift -Made Easy
Replicate Walmart to Amazon Redshift in minute
Do you want to migrate your data from Walmart to Amazon Redshift? Here is an easy and quick solution to transfer your data using an ETL tool: Daton.
To reduce losses, companies have set a goal to become more data-driven. They understand the need for market’s demand and supply trends that will keep companies ahead of competitors. Walmart eCommerce site generates several vital data like merchandising, customer info, store overview and abandoned cart details. Thus, companies must analyze these data to optimize business operations and identify improvement areas. Most importantly, there are other tools in use that also contain critical information. It becomes difficult for companies to integrate all the relevant data manually.
This article deals in some essential factors why you must integrate Walmart data to Amazon Redshift. Data integration will enable companies to reduce time and effort for consolidating their multiple data silos. This will accelerate report generation and informed decision-making processes. Daton, an ETL tool, helps to transfer e-commerce data to data warehouses like Amazon Redshift without writing any code. Read on to find out different data replication approaches suitable for your business.
Why integrate Walmart to Amazon Redshift?
Walmart is an e-commerce platform that helps e-retail companies to sell their products across different countries. Let us understand the importance of data integration with a simple case. For example, an e-retail firm is selling its products globally by Walmart. Therefore, Walmart seller account will generate multiple data silos while selling products in different countries. Thus, firms can collect data from inventories, logistic channels, marketing, payment gateways, and target audience globally. Also, they can track their data with software like Google analytics. Now, suppose the firm wants to calculate the total profit/loss of its business, they will apply the following formula:
Profits/Losses = Sales – Expenses.
They can collect the expense data from data sources like marketing costs from advertisement platforms like Google Adwords, inventory data from inventory management software like Olabi. And other expense data from account management software like Freshbook. Similarly, Sales data can be pulled from e-commerce websites, CRMs and sales databases. For global sellers, manual data collection for each country will be a challenging task that will lead to time lag. It will further delay the data analysis and report generation process which will provide inaccurate results. So, it is crucial to consolidate the Walmart data to a robust and efficient data warehouse like Amazon Redshift. An effective ETL tool called Daton will smoothly migrate data from Walmart to Amazon Redshift. Data integration will let managers have a full view of the company’s data. They can easily collect data from various teams. This will speed up the decision-making process.
Walmart began its journey in 1962 in the U.S.A. With time, it rose to become one of the leading brick and mortar stores in the world. Currently, it has approximately 10526 stores globally. Walmart also has an e-commerce platform that operates across the globe. This platform provides several solutions for integrating sellers’ e-store data with other e-commerce websites like Bigcommerce, InfiPlex, and Shopify. In addition, Walmart offers many special services to manage your store’s inventory, shipping and fulfilment, order management, and payment requirements. For example, by leveraging Walmart’s expedited shipping ecosystem, you can enhance your sales. Hence, it ensures deliveries between two to three days with discounted courier rates.
Amazon Redshift Overview
Amazon Redshift is a widely used data warehouse that provides a cloud-native, petabyte-scale service. The software lets users utilize a query engine and allows SQL based querying. Furthermore, Redshift also offers a host of business intelligence tools to connect with the service. This data warehouse has a scalable infrastructure. Redshift provides support to massive workloads and big data. Most importantly, the powerful, effective management console provides support to connections from any SQL client. Also, the Amazon Redshift service also offers REST APIs that allows developers to work with simple API calls in real-time. Business intelligence and visualization software are easily compatible with Amazon Redshift.
How to replicate Walmart to Amazon Redshift?
You can replicate Walmart to Amazon Redshift warehouse in two ways.
Build a data pipeline
This process consumes a lot of time and manpower and needs a much experience. In such a process, there are more chances of making errors. You need to extract data using Walmart APIs & then connect it properly with the Amazon Redshift data warehouse.
Use Daton to integrate Walmart & Amazon Redshift
Use Daton to integrate Walmart & Amazon Redshift is the quickest and effortless method to save your efforts and time. Secondly, leveraging a cloud data pipeline like Daton most importantly accelerates and simplifies the time it takes to build automated reporting. Thus, configuring data replication on Daton only takes a few minutes and a few clicks. Also, you won’t require any code or manage any infrastructure, yet they can access their Walmart data in a few hours.
Daton is easy and simple to use. The interface permits analysts and developers to use UI elements to configure data replication from Walmart data into Amazon Redshift.
Daton takes care of:
- Rate limits,
- Historical data load,
- Incremental data load,
- Table creation, deletion &reloads,
- Refreshing access tokens,
And many more important features to help analysts. So, that they can focus more on data analysis rather than worry about the data replication process.
Steps to Integrate Walmart with Daton
- Sign in to Daton
- Select Walmart from the Integrations page
- Provide Integration Name, Replication Frequency, and History. The integration name cannot be changed later as it would be used in creating tables for the integration.
- You will be redirected to the Walmart login page for authorizing Daton to extract data periodically.
- Post successful authentication, you will be prompted to choose from the list of available Walmart accounts
- Select the required tables from the available list of tables
- Then select all required fields for each table
- Submit the integration.
Here are more reasons to explore Daton for Walmart to Amazon Redshift Integration.
- Faster Integration of Walmart to Amazon Redshift– Walmart to Amazon Redshift is one of the integrations Daton can handle very fast and seamlessly. By following a few steps, you can easily connect Walmart to Amazon Redshift.
- No Effort & Maintenance: Daton takes care of all the data replication processes and infrastructure automatically once you sign up for a Daton account and configure the data sources. You don’t need to manage any infrastructure or write codes.
- You get an incredibly friendly customer support team who ensure that you leave the data engineering to Daton and focus on analysis and insights.
- Daton is an Enterprise-grade data pipeline which you get at an unbeatable price to help your business become data-driven. So, get started today for just $10 with a single integration and scale up as your demands increase.
- Robust Scheduling Options: allows you to schedule jobs based on their requirements using a simple configuration step.
- Daton supports popular cloud data warehouses like Amazon Redshift, Google Bigquery, Snowflake, Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse, PostgreSQL and more.
- Flexible loading options allows optimizing data loading behaviour to maximize storage utilization and ease of querying.
- Enterprise-grade encryption gives your peace of mind.
- Support for 100+ data sources: In addition to Walmart, Daton can extract data from various resources like Databases, Sales and Marketing applications, Analytics and Payment platforms. Daton will ensure that all useful data can be transferred to Amazon Redshift for generating relevant insights.