SendGrid to Redshift – Made Easy
Replicate SendGrid to Redshift in minutes
Do you want to migrate your SendGrid to Redshift? Here is an easy and quick solution to transfer your data using an ETL tool: Daton.
Your marketing team might employ a combination of applications for marketing automation, the sales team might rely on lead management software to manage leads, while the product team might use some database for storing customer insights. This leads to the fragmentation of data across different tools and results in data silos.
If your team is using SendGrid for sending emails to the customers it means you must collect transactional and marketing data and move it from the database that supports and handles large volumes of data. Replicating your SendGrid data to Redshift can help you run anything from complex ad-hoc queries to standard reporting, and easily combine SendGrid data with other sources.
In this blog, we will walk through two approaches to move your data from SendGrid to Redshift, their advantages and disadvantages, and help you choose the right approach for your business.
Why integrate SendGrid to Redshift?
Companies using SendGrid look to deeply understand the delivery analytics and analyze user journeys for data-driven marketing. Data silos can make it difficult to fetch even simple business insights and consolidating it into an Excel sheet for analysis can run into errors and data redundancy. Integrating your SendGrid to Redshift will help you to create a comprehensive backup of your data for future analysis. Optimizing and consolidating this data from all your disparate sources into one common destination like Redshift, enables quick data analysis for business insights.
SendGrid is a trusted, cloud-based email delivery platform that drives engagement and business growth for marketers and developers. It provides and manages an email server on your company’s behalf so your communications with customers are delivered as needed. SendGrid has been built to serve developers and makes it fast for companies to send emails regardless of their environment. It allows you to send emails over HTTP or SMTP, or you can even use one of the company’s official client libraries.
Amazon Redshift is a fast, fully managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse service that makes it simple and cost-effective to efficiently analyze data using your existing business intelligence tools. It is optimized for datasets ranging from a few hundred gigabytes to a petabyte or more and is a very cost-effective data warehouse solution. Redshift offers the performance, speed, and scalability required to address your data warehousing and ETL needs.
How to replicate SendGrid to Redshift?
Here’s an overview of the two approaches you can use to replicate SendGrid data to Redshift. This will allow you to evaluate the pros and cons of both and choose the one that best suits your requirement.
Build your own data pipeline
This process needs a lot of experience and consumes a lot of time and manpower. The chances of errors are more due to multiple integrated steps one after the other. You need to extract data using SendGrid APIs & then connect it properly with the Redshift data warehouse. This whole process to build a custom data pipeline requires regular intervention that makes it cumbersome.
Use Daton to integrate SendGrid and Redshift
Integrating SendGrid and Redshift with Daton is the fastest & easiest way to save your time and effort. Leveraging a cloud data pipeline like Daton significantly simplifies and accelerates the time it takes to build automated reporting.
Configuring data replication on Daton only takes a few minutes and a few clicks. Your analysts do not have to write any code or manage any infrastructure, yet you can get access to SendGrid data in a few hours.
Daton’s simple and easy-to-use interface allows analysts and developers to use UI elements to configure data replication from SendGrid data into Redshift.
Daton takes care of:
- Rate limits
- Historical data load
- Incremental data load
- Table creation, deletion, and reloads
- Refreshing access tokens
and many more important functions for data analysts to focus on analysis rather than worrying about the data replication process.
Steps to integrate SendGrid with Daton
- Sign in to Daton
- Select Sendgrid from the integrations page
- Provide Integration Name, Replication Frequency, and History. Integration name would be used in creating tables for the integration and cannot be changed later
- You will be redirected to SendGrid login for authorizing Daton to extract data periodically
- Post successful authentication, you will be prompted to choose from the list of available SendGrid accounts
- Select required tables from the available list of tables
- Then select all required fields for each table
- Submit the integration
Here are more reasons to explore Daton for SendGrid to Redshift Integration
- Faster integration – SendGrid to Redshift is one of the integrations Daton can handle very conveniently and seamlessly. By following a few steps you can easily connect SendGrid to Redshift.
- Low Effort & Zero Maintenance – Daton automatically takes care of all the data replication processes and infrastructure once you sign up for a Daton account and configure the data sources. No need to manage infrastructure or write manual code.
- Data consistency guarantee and an incredibly friendly customer support team ensure you can leave the data engineering to Daton and focus on analysis and insights!
- Enterprise-grade data pipeline at an unbeatable price to help every business become data-driven. Get started with a single integration today for just $10 and scale up as your data needs grow.
- Robust Scheduling Options: This allows you to schedule jobs based on their requirements using a simple configuration step.
- Support for all major cloud data warehouses including Google BigQuery, Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse, PostgreSQL, and more.
- Flexible loading options allow you to optimize data loading behavior to maximize storage utilization and ease of querying.
- Enterprise-grade encryption gives your peace of mind
- Support for 100+ data sources – In addition to SendGrid, Daton can extract data from a varied range of sources such as Sales and Marketing applications, Databases, Analytics platforms, Payment platforms, and much more.
Integrating your SendGrid data to a data warehouse like Redshift will enable you to take advantage of advanced analytical capabilities and gain a better understanding of customers.