RDS PostgreSQL to Amazon Redshift -Made Easy
Replicate RDS PostgreSQL to Amazon Redshift in minutes
Do you want a quick and easy way to transfer data from RDS PostgreSQL to Amazon Redshift? If yes, then you can transfer your data with an efficient ETL tool: Daton.
These days, companies depend on data-driven decisions to stay ahead of market competitors. Therefore, these business data from various data sources need quick and safe storage. However, the expense to establish and manage flexible and secure physical storage is relatively high. Therefore, enterprises are now utilizing cloud databases like PostgreSQL. However, it is challenging to extract, replicate and manage data from databases. For this, cloud servers like Amazon RDS designed solutions to manage, control and have easy access to PostgreSQL. Moreover, enterprises use ETL tools like Daton to reduce time and effort for reporting and analyzing business data from several data sources. Also, Daton enables replicating data from cloud servers to data warehouses like Amazon Redshift, where analysts and firm managers can comprehensively view quick and accurate reporting without using coding.
Why integrate RDS PostgreSQL to Amazon Redshift?
To operate cloud warehouses, companies nowadays are using cloud servers like Amazon RDS. Servers like RDS support companies to handle administrative operations in cloud databases like PostgreSQL. With RDS, companies will get reduced data loss and theft, automatic database replication and back by secure servers. For simplifying data analysis and reporting, enterprises must consolidate data from RDS PostgreSQL with other databases like Amazon Aurora, COGS and sales sheets. However, it is pretty challenging to integrate data, which is time-consuming and often provides inaccurate reports manually. Hence, companies are moving towards ETL tools like Daton that provide quick data migration from RDS PostgreSQL to Amazon Redshift. Daton ETL tool is highly automated and replicates data efficiently from various data sources to cloud data warehouses without the hassle of writing coding.
RDS PostgreSQL Overview
Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS) provides web service and supports users to handle a relational database for Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL and PostgreSQL in the AWS Cloud. AWS handles the basic infrastructure like network, firewalls, operating system, regular patches and security. It is enhanced for I/O-intensive, transactional (OLTP) database workloads. This inexpensive server with a scalability feature is utilized for general database administration tasks. RDS PostgreSQL backs DB instances running various versions and editions of PostgreSQL Server.
Amazon Redshift Overview
The Amazon Redshift is the most popular data warehouse to offer a cloud-native, petabyte-scale service. The software provides a query engine for all users allowing SQL based querying and a host of business intelligence tools to connect with the service. Developers designed Amazon Redshift on a scalable infrastructure, supports big data and massive workloads. The powerful management console enables connections from any SQL client. Amazon Redshift service also supports REST APIs allowing developers to work in real-time with simple API calls. It is compatible with several BI and visualization tools.
How to replicate RDS PostgreSQL to Amazon Redshift?
There are two ways in which you can replicate RDS PostgreSQL to Amazon Redshift.
Build Your data pipeline – Building an in-house data pipeline needs a lot of experience, time and manpower with higher chances of errors. You need to extract data using RDS PostgreSQL APIs & then connect it properly with the Amazon Redshift data warehouse.
Use Daton to integrate RDS PostgreSQL & Amazon Redshift – Using Daton to integrate RDS PostgreSQL & Amazon Redshift is the fastest & easiest way to save your time and efforts. Leveraging a cloud data pipeline like Daton simplifies and accelerates the time to build automated reporting to a great extent.
Configuring data replication on Daton only takes a few minutes and a few clicks. Analysts do not have to write any code or manage any infrastructure, yet they can get access to their Amazon ads data in a few hours. Daton’s simple and easy to use interface allows analysts and developers to use UI elements to configure data replication from RDS PostgreSQL data into Amazon Redshift.
Daton takes care of:
- Rate limits,
- Table creation, deletion & reloads
- Refreshing access tokens,
- Historical data load,
- Incremental data load,
and many more important functions for data analysts to focus on analysis rather than worry about the data replication process.
Steps to Integrate RDS PostgreSQL with Daton
- Sign in to Daton
- Select RDS PostgreSQL from Integrations page
- Provide Integration Name, Replication Frequency, and History. Integration name would be used in creating tables for the integration and cannot be changed later
- You will be redirected to RDS PostgreSQL login for authorizing Daton to extract data periodically
- Post successful authentication, you will be prompted to choose from the list of available RDS PostgreSQL Ad accounts
- Select required tables from the available list of tables
- Then select all required fields for each table
- Submit the integration
Here are more reasons to explore Daton for RDS PostgreSQL to Amazon Redshift Integration.
- Faster Integration of RDS PostgreSQL to Amazon Redshift– RDS PostgreSQL to Amazon Redshift is one of the integrations Daton can handle very fast and seamlessly. By following few steps, you can easily connect RDS PostgreSQL to Amazon Redshift.
- Robust Scheduling Options: allows you to schedule jobs based on their requirements using a simple configuration step.
- Low Effort & Zero Maintenance – Daton automatically takes care of all the data replication processes and infrastructure once you sign up for a Daton account and configure the data sources. There is no infrastructure to manage or no code to write.
- Data consistency guarantee and an incredibly friendly customer support team ensure you can leave the data engineering to Daton and focus instead of analysis and insights!
- Enterprise grade data pipeline at an unbeatable price to help every business become data driven. Get started with a single integration today for just $10 and scale up as your demands increase.
- Support for all major cloud data warehouses including Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, Snowflake, Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse, PostgreSQL and more.
- Flexible loading options allows to you optimize data loading behavior to maximize storage utilization and easy of querying.
- Enterprise grade encryption gives your peace of mind
- Support for 100+ data sources – In addition to RDS PostgreSQL, Daton can extract data from a varied range of sources such as Sales and Marketing applications, Databases, Analytics platforms, Payment platforms and much more. Daton will ensure that you have a way to bring any data to Amazon Redshift and generate relevant insights.