Jira to Snowflake – Made Easy
Replicate Jira to Snowflake in minute
Are you looking for a quicker way to transfer data from Jira to Snowflake? Here is an easy solution for this data migration process using an ETL tool: Daton.
eCommerce businesses use multiple apps and tools for managing several processes and verticals. All of this data needs to be analyzed to understand the business operations and identify areas of improvement. So, they need to tally the data coming from Jira and data generated from other tools such as customer support platforms, website, inventory management, payment gateways, CRMs, Google Play Console, and Google Analytics. The data matching will clearly understand the business, identify problems, trace any issues back through the workflow to the source, and get it rectified. This helps in understanding the efficiency of different teams.
Why integrate Jira to Snowflake?
Project Management is an essential part of any commercial business, especially when it comes to software development. Every software development company strives to ensure that its projects are being delivered on time, the workflow is optimal, and the team is working most efficiently. This helps increase their productivity and thus their revenue. Most companies use project management tools like Jira for this purpose. Jira helps automate workflows, track issues, changelogs, bugs, release versions, backlogs and provide in-depth reports and estimations. It easily integrates with GitHub, BitBucket, and other standard tools that companies might be using.
But modern-day businesses use multiple, separate data silos, making it difficult and time-consuming to analyze the data. Thus companies are struggling to make sense of all the data being generated. As a result, Online retailers reduce the effort of reporting and analyzing their multiple data silos by integrating data from various sources to a centralized place using ETL tools. Daton is a highly automated ETL tool that loads data from Jira to Snowflake without coding or maintenance.
Jira is a popular project management platform designed to help software teams map out, prioritize, and delegate their tasks. The platform focuses on agile project management, offering both Scrum and Kanban approaches. All your workflows, issue types, states and fields will get appropriate defaults. You can change these defaults when required or even create custom workflows and issue schemes in specific cases. There are in-built integrations with BitBucket and GitHub to provide backlog-to-deployment traceability. Users can easily organize the sequence of the items in their product backlog, such as stories, bugs and issues through the system’s intuitive drag-and-drop function. Jira supports estimation techniques by hours or story points, making sure that you are always working with correct data.
The Snowflake platform enables users to have a petabyte database and an infinite computation scale without database management. You can only extract data from Snowflake through SQL query operations. Snowflake’s cloud data platform breaks down barriers that prevent organizations of various sizes from producing actual value from their data. Thousands of users leverage Snowflake to advance their companies beyond their ability by drawing all their relevant insights from all data generated by the business. Snowflake gears up the enterprises with a single, integrated platform that is the only cloud-built data warehouse. It is instant, secure and has controlled access to their entire data network. A core architecture also exists that facilitates various kinds of data workloads, including a framework to build modern data applications. Snowflake manages all aspects of data storage: organization, metadata, structure, compression and statistics.
How to replicate Jira to Snowflake?
There are two major ways in which you can transfer data from Jira to Snowflake data warehouse.
Build Your Own data pipeline
Building an in-house data pipeline needs a lot of experience, time and manpower with higher chances of errors. You need to extract data using Jira APIs & then connect it properly with the Snowflake data warehouse.
Use Daton to integrate Jira and Snowflake
Using Daton to integrate Jira & Snowflake is the fastest & easiest way to save your time and efforts. Leveraging a cloud data pipeline like Daton simplifies and accelerates the time to build automated reporting to a great extent.
Configuring data integration on Daton only takes a few clicks. Analysts do not have to write any code or manage any infrastructure, yet they can get access to their Jira ads data in a few hours. Daton’s simple and easy to use interface enables analysts and developers to use UI elements to configure data replication from Jira data into Snowflake.
Daton takes care of:
- Rate limits,
- Table creation, deletion & reloads
- Refreshing access tokens,
- Historical data load,
- Incremental data load,
and many more important features to help analysts focus on analysis rather than worry about the data.
Steps to Integrate Jira with Daton
- Sign in to Daton
- Select Jira from the Integrations page
- Provide Integration Name, Replication Frequency, and History. Integration name would be used in creating tables for the integration and cannot be changed later
- You will be redirected to Jira login for authorizing Daton to extract data periodically
- Post successful authentication, you will be prompted to choose from the list of available Jira accounts
- Select required tables from the available list of tables
- Then select all required fields for each table
- Submit the integration
Here are more reasons to explore Daton for Jira to Snowflake Integration.
- Low Effort & Zero Maintenance – Daton automatically takes care of all the data replication processes and infrastructure once you sign up for a Daton account and configure the data sources. There is no infrastructure to manage or no code to write.
- Faster Integration of Jira to Snowflake– Jira to Snowflake is one of the integrations Daton can handle very fast and seamlessly. By following few steps, you can easily connect Jira to snowflake.
- Data consistency guarantee and an incredibly friendly customer support team ensure you can leave the data engineering to Daton and focus instead of analysis and insights!
- Robust Scheduling Options: allows you to schedule jobs based on their requirements using a simple configuration step.
- Enterprise-grade encryption gives your peace of mind.
- Support for 100+ data sources – In addition to Jira, Daton can extract data from a varied range of sources such as Sales and Marketing applications, Databases, Analytics platforms, Payment platforms and much more. Daton will ensure that you have a way to bring any data to Snowflake and generate relevant insights.
- You get an enterprise-grade data pipeline at an unbeatable price to help every business become data-driven. Get started with a single integration today for just $10 and scale up as your demands increase.
- Support for all major cloud data warehouses, including Snowflake, Google Bigquery, Amazon Redshift, Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse, PostgreSQL and more.
- Flexible loading options allow you to optimize data loading behaviour to maximize storage utilization and ease of querying.