GCP PostgreSQL to Amazon Redshift – Made Easy
Replicate GCP PostgreSQL to Amazon Redshift in minutes
Do you want a quick and simple way to transfer data from GCP PostgreSQL to Amazon Redshift? If yes, then you can migrate your data with an efficient ETL tool: Daton.
The competitive digital landscape compels businesses to make data-driven decisions and stay ahead of increasing competition harnessing their data. The data generated from different apps require fast and secured storage. But the expense to build and maintain a scalable and secure physical storage solution is too high. Thus companies are resorting to cloud databases like PostgreSQL. Although, extracting, replicating and managing these databases are challenging tasks. So, cloud platforms like Google Cloud Platform (GCP) have made a solution to manage PostgreSQL databases. GCP PostgreSQL provides seamless control on your PostgreSQL database.
Nowadays, enterprises try to reduce the time & effort of reporting and analyzing their business data from several databases and cloud storage. They use ETL tools like Daton to replicate data from these Cloud platforms to data warehouses like Amazon Redshift, where analysts get a consolidated view for faster and accurate reporting.
Why integrate GCP PostgreSQL to Amazon Redshift?
Modern enterprises use cloud storage solutions like Google Cloud Platform to handle their databases. These storage solutions collaborate and consolidate data for multiple teams across the globe. They also provide automatic database replication, backing by secure servers and reduced data loss. Combine data from GCP PostgreSQL with other databases like Amazon Aurora, COGS, sales sheets to simplify data analysis and reporting. However, manual data integration is complex and time-consuming, often creating inaccurate reports. Thus, data-savvy companies use ETL tools like Daton to migrate data from GCP PostgreSQL to Amazon Redshift. It is a highly automated ETL Tool that easily loads data from various data sources to cloud data warehouses without coding.
GCP PostgreSQL Overview
GCP PostgreSQL is a fully-managed cloud database service that assists users to set up and maintain PostgreSQL databases on Google Cloud Platform (GCP). It offers powerful features like a rich API, encryption at rest and in transit, automatic backups, high availability with automatic failover, advanced logging and monitoring. GCP PostgreSQL runs on Google’s Second-Generation computing platform, which is 7x faster and has 20x more storage capacity. It also ensures high availability using low-level storage data synchronization using regional persistent disks.
Amazon Redshift Overview
Amazon Redshift is the most popular data warehouse to offer a cloud-native, petabyte-scale service. The software provides a query engine for all users allowing SQL based querying and a host of business intelligence tools to connect with the service. Amazon Redshift is built on a scalable infrastructure, supports big data and massive workloads. The powerful management console enables connections from any SQL client. Amazon Redshift service also supports REST APIs allowing developers to work in real-time with simple API calls. It is compatible with several BI and visualization tools.
How to replicate GCP PostgreSQL to Amazon Redshift?
There are two ways in which you can replicate GCP PostgreSQL to Amazon Redshift.
Build Your data pipeline – Building an in-house data pipeline needs a lot of experience, time and manpower with higher chances of errors. You need to extract data using GCP POSTGRESQL APIs & then connect it properly with the Amazon Redshift data warehouse.
Use Daton to integrate GCP PostgreSQL & Amazon Redshift – Using Daton to integrate GCP PostgreSQL & Amazon Redshift is the fastest & easiest way to save your time and efforts. Leveraging a cloud data pipeline like Daton simplifies and accelerates the time to build automated reporting to a great extent.
Configuring data replication on Daton only takes a few minutes and a few clicks. Analysts do not have to write any code or manage any infrastructure, yet they can get access to their Amazon ads data in a few hours. Daton’s simple and easy to use interface allows analysts and developers to use UI elements to configure data replication from GCP PostgreSQL data into Amazon Redshift.
Daton takes care of:
- Rate limits,
- Table creation, deletion & reloads
- Refreshing access tokens,
- Historical data load,
- Incremental data load,
and many more important functions for data analysts to focus on analysis rather than worry about the data replication process.
Steps to Integrate GCP PostgreSQL with Daton
- Sign in to Daton
- Select GCP PostgreSQL from Integrations page
- Provide Integration Name, Replication Frequency, and History. Integration name would be used in creating tables for the integration and cannot be changed later
- You will be redirected to GCP PostgreSQL login for authorizing Daton to extract data periodically
- Post successful authentication, you will be prompted to choose from the list of available GCP PostgreSQL Ad accounts
- Select required tables from the available list of tables
- Then select all required fields for each table
- Submit the integration
Here are more reasons to explore Daton for GCP PostgreSQL to Amazon Redshift Integration
- Faster Integration of GCP PostgreSQL to Amazon Redshift– GCP PostgreSQL to Amazon Redshift is one of the integrations Daton can handle very fast and seamlessly. By following few steps, you can easily connect GCP POSTGRESQL to Amazon Redshift.
- Robust Scheduling Options: allows you to schedule jobs based on their requirements using a simple configuration step.
- Low Effort & Zero Maintenance – Daton automatically takes care of all the data replication processes and infrastructure once you sign up for a Daton account and configure the data sources. There is no infrastructure to manage or no code to write.
- Data consistency guarantee and an incredibly friendly customer support team ensure you can leave the data engineering to Daton and focus instead of analysis and insights!
- Enterprise grade data pipeline at an unbeatable price to help every business become data driven. Get started with a single integration today for just $10 and scale up as your demands increase.
- Support for all major cloud data warehouses including Snowflake, Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse, PostgreSQL and more.
- Flexible loading options allows to you optimize data loading behavior to maximize storage utilization and easy of querying.
- Enterprise grade encryption gives your peace of mind
- Support for 100+ data sources – In addition to GCP PostgreSQL, Daton can extract data from a varied range of sources such as Sales and Marketing applications, Databases, Analytics platforms, Payment platforms and much more. Daton will ensure that you have a way to bring any data to Amazon Redshift and generate relevant insights.