Amazon S3 to Amazon Redshift – Made Easy
Replicate Amazon S3 to Redshift in minutes
Do you want a quick and simple way to transfer data from Amazon S3 to Amazon Redshift? If yes, then you can migrate your data with an efficient ETL tool: Daton.
Businesses need to understand their data to stay ahead of increasing competition in this competitive landscape. The tons of data generated from various tools require fast and secured storage. Unfortunately, a scalable and secure physical storage solution is expensive to build and maintain. So, cloud storage solutions like Amazon S3 are becoming popular. They provide secure virtual storage solutions.
The multiple data silos from apps used in the business need to be consolidated to get a complete sense of the business. But manual data integration is complex, inaccurate and time-consuming. As a result, data-savvy companies are reducing the time & effort of reporting and analyzing their multiple data silos by integrating these massive amounts of data present in different sheets, CSV files, cloud storages to data warehouses like Amazon Redshift.
Why integrate Amazon S3 to Redshift?
Modern enterprises use cloud storage solutions like Amazon S3 to manage data from apps, databases, BI platforms. These storage solutions facilitate collaboration and data consolidation for teams across the globe. The data will be backed up automatically by secure servers, reducing data theft and loss. Tally data from Amazon S3 with inventory, customer behaviour, sales and billing data, or other data warehouses to simplify data analysis and reporting. However, manual data integration takes much time to execute manually, and the reports are often inaccurate. Thus, companies use ETL tools like Daton to replicate Amazon S3 to Amazon Redshift. It is a highly automated ETL Tool that easily transfers data from different data sources to cloud data warehouses without coding.
Amazon S3 Overview
Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) is a cloud-based storage solution by Amazon Web Services (AWS). It provides data availability, security, performance and scalability. Amazon S3 is great for data querying and data transfer, storage management and monitoring, access management and security. Organizations of any size can use it to store and protect volumes of data for websites, enterprise applications, IoT devices, data analysis, backup, and restore. Amazon S3 also offers management features for organizing data and configuring access controls to meet business, organizational, and compliance requirements. There are two types of storage provided with Amazon S3. Amazon Glacier is the lowest-cost option intended for long-term backup and storage. Then there is standard Amazon S3 for companies with complex data requirements. It has free storage options for the first 5 GB of data.
Amazon Redshift Overview
Amazon Redshift is the most popular data warehouse to offer a cloud-native, petabyte-scale service. The software provides a query engine for all users allowing SQL based querying and a host of business intelligence tools to connect with the service. Amazon Redshift is built on a scalable infrastructure, supports big data and massive workloads. The powerful management console enables connections from any SQL client. Amazon Redshift service also supports REST APIs allowing developers to work in real-time with simple API calls. It is compatible with several BI and visualization tools.
How to replicate Amazon S3 to Redshift?
There are two ways in which you can replicate Amazon S3 to Amazon Redshift.
Build Your data pipeline – Building an in-house data pipeline needs a lot of experience, time and manpower with higher chances of errors. You need to extract data using Amazon S3 APIs & then connect it properly with the Amazon Redshift data warehouse.
Use Daton to integrate Amazon S3 & Redshift – Using Daton to integrate Amazon S3 & Amazon Redshift is the fastest & easiest way to save your time and efforts. Leveraging a cloud data pipeline like Daton simplifies and accelerates the time to build automated reporting to a great extent.
Configuring data replication on Daton only takes a few minutes and a few clicks. Analysts do not have to write any code or manage any infrastructure, yet they can get access to their Amazon ads data in a few hours. Daton’s simple and easy to use interface allows analysts and developers to use UI elements to configure data replication from Amazon S3 data into Amazon Redshift.
Daton takes care of:
- Rate limits,
- Table creation, deletion & reloads
- Refreshing access tokens,
- Historical data load,
- Incremental data load,
and many more important functions for data analysts to focus on analysis rather than worry about the data replication process.
Steps to Integrate Amazon S3 with Daton
- Sign in to Daton
- Select Amazon S3 from Integrations page
- Provide Integration Name, Replication Frequency, and History. Integration name would be used in creating tables for the integration and cannot be changed later
- You will be redirected to Amazon S3 login for authorizing Daton to extract data periodically
- Post successful authentication, you will get prompts to choose from the list of available Amazon S3 Ad accounts
- Select required tables from the available list of tables
- Then select all required fields for each table
- Submit the integration
Here are more reasons to explore Daton for Amazon S3 to Amazon Redshift Integration
- Faster Integration of Amazon S3 to Amazon Redshift–AmazonS3 to Amazon Redshift is one of the integrations Daton can handle very fast and seamlessly. By following few steps, you can easily connect Amazon S3 to Amazon Redshift.
- Robust Scheduling Options: allows you to schedule jobs based on their requirements using a simple configuration step.
- Low Effort & Zero Maintenance – Daton automatically takes care of all the data replication processes and infrastructure once you sign up for a Daton account and configure the data sources. There is no infrastructure to manage or no code to write.
- Data consistency guarantee and an incredibly friendly customer support team ensure you can leave the data engineering to Daton and focus instead of analysis and insights!
- Enterprise grade data pipeline at an unbeatable price to help every business become data driven. Get started with a single integration today for just $10 and scale up as your demands increase.
- Support for all major cloud data warehouses including Snowflake, Google Bigquery, Amazon Redshift, Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse, PostgreSQL and more.
- Flexible loading options allows to you optimize data loading behavior to maximize storage utilization and easy of querying.
- Enterprise grade encryption gives your peace of mind
- Support for 100+ data sources – In addition to Amazon S3, Daton can extract data from a varied range of sources such as Sales and Marketing applications, Databases, Analytics platforms, Payment platforms and much more. Daton will ensure that you have a way to bring any data to Amazon Redshift and generate relevant insights.