Amazon Aurora to Snowflake – Made Easy
Replicate Amazon Aurora to Snowflake in minutes
Amazon Aurora is a MySQL and PostgreSQL compatible relational database best used as a transactional or operational database but not for analytics. Snowflake on the other hand is a cost-effective data warehousing solution as it is built to handle analytical queries and scale data sets. Moreover, Snowflake can host data from multiple data sources and aid in deeper analysis. There should be a seamless data movement between transactional and analytical systems, ensuring an accurate and consistent flow of data from Amazon Aurora to Snowflake in near real-time. Replicate your Amazon Aurora to Snowflake and take full advantage of your data to gain valuable insights.
In this article, we will walk you through two processes of integrating Amazon Aurora data to Snowflake – one building your own data pipeline and another using Daton, which will do all the hard work for your while you focus on analyzing the data.
Why integrate Amazon Aurora into Snowflake?
If you are using Amazon Aurora to store your transactional data then you should consider moving this data to a powerful data warehouse like Snowflake. Snowflake is optimized for analytics workloads, therefore it is an ideal solution for businesses dealing with very complex data sets. Also, when you create centralized storage for your Aurora data to Snowflake, you get an unlimited scalable data store that includes cutting-edge data analytics tools. Amazon Aurora Snowflake integration will also allow you to combine your data with data from other data sources to make it even more valuable. All in all this integration will offer you convenience and superior performance.
Amazon Aurora Overview
Amazon Aurora is built on a proprietary distributed storage engine that automatically replicates copies of data across availability zones for high availability. From an API standpoint, Aurora is wire compatible with both PostgreSQL and MySQL. It is fully managed by Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS), which automates time-consuming administration tasks like hardware provisioning, database setup, patching, and backups. Aurora is up to five times faster than standard MySQL databases and three times faster than standard PostgreSQL databases. It provides the security, availability, and reliability of commercial-grade databases at 1/10th the cost.
Snowflake is a data warehouse solution built on top of the Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud infrastructure and is a true SaaS offering with full support for ANSI SQL. There’s no hardware or software to select, install, configure, or manage, so it’s ideal for organizations that don’t want to dedicate resources for setup, maintenance, and support of in-house servers. Snowflake stores both structured and semi-structured data, converting it into a usable format that is SQL-compatible. The Snowflake data warehouse is cloud-agnostic, allowing the customers to be multi-cloud. Currently, Snowflake is available on Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, and Amazon Web Services.
How to replicate Amazon Aurora to Snowflake?
Here’s an overview of the two approaches you can use to replicate Amazon Aurora data to Snowflake. This will allow you to evaluate the pros and cons of both and choose the one that best suits your requirement.
Build your own data pipeline
This process needs a lot of experience and consumes a lot of time and manpower. The chances of errors are more due to multiple integrated steps to be executed one after the other. You need to extract data using Amazon Aurora APIs & then connect it properly with the Snowflake data warehouse. This whole process to build a custom data pipeline requires regular intervention that makes it cumbersome.
Use Daton to integrate Amazon Aurora and Snowflake
Integrating Amazon Aurora and Snowflake with Daton is the fastest & easiest way to save your time and effort. Leveraging a cloud data pipeline like Daton significantly simplifies and accelerates the time it takes to build automated reporting.
Configuring data replication on Daton only takes a few minutes and a few clicks. Your analysts do not have to write any code or manage any infrastructure, yet you can get access to Amazon Aurora data in a few hours.
Daton’s simple and easy-to-use interface allows analysts and developers to use UI elements to configure data replication from Amazon Aurora data into Snowflake.
Daton takes care of:
- Rate limits
- Historical data load
- Incremental data load
- Table creation, deletion, and reloads
- Refreshing access tokens
and many more important functions for data analysts to focus on analysis rather than worrying about data replication.
Steps to integrate Amazon Aurora with Daton
- Sign in to Daton
- Select Amazon Aurora from the integrations page
- Provide Integration Name, Replication Frequency, and History. Integration name would be used in creating tables for the integration and cannot be changed later
- You will be redirected to Amazon Aurora login for authorizing Daton to extract data periodically
- Post successful authentication, you will be prompted to choose from the list of available Amazon Aurora accounts
- Select required tables from the available list of tables
- Then select all required fields for each table
- Submit the integration
Here are more reasons to explore Daton for Amazon Aurora to Snowflake Integration
- Faster integration – Amazon Aurora to Snowflake is one of the integrations Daton can handle very conveniently and seamlessly. By following a few steps you can easily connect Amazon Aurora to Snowflake.
- Low Effort & Zero Maintenance – Daton automatically takes care of all the data replication processes and infrastructure once you sign up for a Daton account and configure the data sources. No need to manage infrastructure or write manual code.
- Data consistency guarantee and an incredibly friendly customer support team ensure you can leave the data engineering to Daton and focus on analysis and insights!
- Enterprise-grade data pipeline at an unbeatable price to help every business become data-driven. Get started with a single integration today for just $10 and scale up as your data needs grow.
- Robust Scheduling Options: This allows you to schedule jobs based on their requirements using a simple configuration step.
- Support for all major cloud data warehouses including Google BigQuery, Snowflake, Amazon Redshift, Oracle Autonomous Data Warehouse, PostgreSQL, and more.
- Flexible loading options allow you to optimize data loading behavior to maximize storage utilization and ease of querying.
- Enterprise-grade encryption gives your peace of mind
- Support for 100+ data sources – In addition to Amazon Aurora, Daton can extract data from a varied range of sources such as Sales and Marketing applications, Databases, Analytics platforms, Payment platforms, and much more.
Implementing Daton in your data replication strategy can help you summarize data to improve analysis and in turn, increase the productivity and performance of your business.