10 Best ETL Tools for Data Integration
Data integration is the process of directing business data from multiple sources into one place. ETL tools aim to transfer data to a data warehouse for an organized view of the data for querying and in-depth analytics business intelligence, reporting. This article lists the 10 best ETL tools available in the market:
- Dell Boomi
- Informatica PowerCenter
- IBM DataStage
- Hevo Data
- Actian DataConnect
- Clover DX
Why are ETL Tools Important for Data Integration?
Businesses employ specialized and sophisticated tools and apps for definite purposes to optimize every part of the operations, be it marketing, inventory management, customer support. There are different apps involved in the entire process. Thus it becomes essential for businesses to consolidate data in one place for easier and better analysis, which is important to optimize business processes further. Hence, an ETL tool for data integration comes into the picture. These tools transfer data from different sources easily and reliably into a single data warehouse. From where you can obtain business-ready data for feeding your BI platforms.
10 Best ETL Tools of 2020
Following is a list of best ETL Tools used by businesses in 2020 for better data-driven decisions.
Improvado is a marketing data integration tool which is used to automate reporting. It can be used by small and medium-sized businesses and hosted either in the cloud or on-premises. Improvado enables users to combine multiple data sources to a single virtual database.
- Data Analysis
- Data Filtering
- Data Quality Control
- Match & Merge
- Metadata Management
- Non-Relational Transformations
- Version Control
Price: Free Demo and Custom Plans are available. Pricing starts from $1000 per month.
Dell Boomi is an integration platform that offers functionality for no-code connectors between apps and systems. Boomi maximizes its connector and data mapping capabilities by making user-generated maps and connectors open source for other users to access. It also provides users with support regarding GPDR and data privacy regulatory compliance.
- Easy integrations between cloud and on-premises
- User-friendly point-and-click tools
- Data, application, and B2B integrations
- Activity monitoring and event tracking
- Real-time automatic updates
- Library of pre-built connectors
Price: Free Demo is available and the price starts from $555 per month.
Informatica PowerCenter is data integration technology driven by metadata which is designed to form the foundation for data integration initiatives, including analytics and data warehousing, application migration, or consolidation and data governance.
- Business & IT collaboration
- Automated data validation testing
- Data transformation
- Connectivity to cloud applications
Price: The price quotes are to be obtained from the vendor on request.
IBM InfoSphere DataStage
Infosphere DataStage is a cloud data integration solution by IBM. It transfers real-time data into data lakes, data warehouses to provide AI applications with business-ready data.
- It transforms the data into a suitable format before being transferred.
- DataStage can process numerous type of data and formats.
- It can create the data map through drag-and-drop without the use of coding.
- The software allows the data to be merged or executed before being mapped and transformed.
- It has in-built analytics and reporting functionality.
Pricing: There are two varieties of service that this data integration solution provides. DataStage is available for the development or testing of small businesses at $2500 per month and $4500 per month for medium businesses. The Premium Service has three plans at $6800, $12400 and $19300 per month.
Hevo provides data pipeline as a service to extract data from a variety of sources to a specific data warehouse without requiring any knowledge of coding. It gives you absolute control and visibility of your data.
- Automate the data flow without any custom configurations.
- Maintain data pipelines automatically by writing ETL scripts.
- Basic transformations for complex data sources like Mongo DB.
- Analyze data from any source across various formats.
Price: There are three pricing plans
- Basic Plan at $249 per month for 20 million events.
- Starter Plan at $799 per month for up to 300M events.
- Business Plan at $1599 per month for up to 1B events.
Actian is a hybrid integration platform. The Actian DataConnect provides fast, effective and simple data integration services.
- Flexible for mapping, moving, and transforming data.
- Easy to handle different events and file formats.
- An intuitive and codeless user interface that gives full control over the integrations in real-time.
Price: There are two types of pricing models
- DataConnect for Production at $30k per year.
- DataConnect (Non-production) at $15k per year.
Jitterbit is an API integration platform that extract valuable data from SaaS, on-premise, cloud applications and introduce artificial intelligence into any business process.
- The simple point and click interface makes data mapping easier.
- It saves time on the maintenance of the platform.
- Jitterbit gives full control over the APIs for security and compliance.
Price: There are three plans Standard, Professional and Enterprise.
CloverDx claims to be the most promising data ingest platform dealing with several difficult data sources which require complex data mapping.
- Complete control of the data that is being generated.
- Data parallelism services are available for creating web services XML Writer.
- Its speed reduces the processing time of the data.
Price: It offers a free trial and starts at $5000 per user as a one-time payment.
Talend provides a powerful data integration in an open and scalable architecture which offers the unified ETL tools to integrate, cleanse, mask and profile all of your data.
- Develop and deploy 10 times faster
- Increase trust in data
- Lower cost of ownership
Price: Custom pricing plans are available.
Daton is an effective data pipeline that would seamlessly extract all the relevant Data from popular data sources then consolidate and store it in the data warehouse of your choice for more effective analysis. The best part is that you can use Daton without the need for any coding experience and it is the cheapest data pipeline available in the market.
- IP Address Extraction
- Load Scheduling
- CSV and Excel export with data manipulation
- Data Warehousing
- Heteregeneous platform support
- Knowledge modules for developers
- High Volume Processing
Price: There is a wide range of plans. STARTER at $150, GROWTH at $500, BUSINESS at $1000. The ENTERPRISE plan is for all the custom requirements and LITE plan is Pay per Use.
Round-Up: Choose the Right ETL Tool for Data Integration
While running a business, the chances are that you are dependent on various platforms, tools and apps to run your business. The amount of data being generated makes it difficult to consolidate it into a single place manually and then make sense of it. It takes a substantial amount of manpower, money and effort, still leaving a lot of room for improvement. An ETL tool is something that you should consider. When you are looking best ETL Tools, you should consider the ones with good ratings and reviews online, which is easy to set up and use, has a good and prompt customer service and is affordable at the same time.